This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2022] Long-term experience/review of the ZenFone 7/7 Pro?

ChristianHamilt
Star II
Hi

The ZenFone 7/7 Pro has now been out for more than a year, and I'm considering buying it. How has your experience been so far? How is the hardware holding up after (approximately) one year of use?

Please share your long-term experience of the device. I’d be great if you note how long you’ve owned it, and if you’ve encountered any problems/surprises etc.

This will be interesting for both current and potential ZenFone 7/7 Pro owners 🙂

Looking forward to reading your replies!
21 REPLIES 21

firasswat82
Rising Star I
The phone has many negatives 1- The battery does not last long 2- The temporary screen hour is very unsuccessful unlike the rest of the companies that have taken care of this aspect such as Samsung 3- Not fixing the errors that people raise in the forum 4- Not taking the ideas and opinions of people who wish to add and modify programs for the phone that are from It is easy for the company to add it in updates, such as canceling the line at the bottom of the phone and others 5- Weakness of the upper phone headset when receiving a call or when calling and the imbalance of the two headphones when playing music

slimghost
Rising Star I
topolov

I have 7 pro for one year.

Pros:

• 1. Good performance, apps loading faster comparing with mid-range phones with lpddr4 and ufs 2.1
  • 2. Great WiFi
  • 3. If update is stable one, works perfectly
  • 4. separate SD slot
  • 5. Battery is good
  • 6. Supports PD and PPS, I can use one charger for laptop and phone
  • 7. LED

Cons:

• 1. Lack of 3.5 jack not because phone is waterproof (it isn't), but because Asus didn't manage to find suppliers
  • 2. No wireless charging
  • 3. For safe use you should buy Rhinoshield case, because native rugged case is slippery
  • 4. In 3rd-party apps like videochats you can use only ultrawide camera as selfie.
  • 5. No waterproof
  • 6. Battery tests with physical meters shows capacity around 4600-4800 mAh for new phones. Software tools show the same.
  • 7. Poor VoLTE support in the world, unclear future plans.
  • 8. Lack of support from Asus on this forum
  • 9. Always on Display is just a clock, no notification icons, totally useless
  • 10. Unstable updates from time to time
  • 11. Not a flagship in terms of number of major updates

+\- Controversial:

• Screen. Really bright and cool, but there is a black square visible on bright sun. This is the place where screen fingerprint sensor supposed to be, but Asus didn't manage to put it under screen and placed in power button. If I knew that before buying phone, I wouldn't buy it. If you live somewhere in north, you won't notice that.
  • Camera. Totally sucks in Portrait mode and HDR. GCam works a way better in any mode. ZF8 has the same sensor and taking pictures better. Video is OK. I raised few topic regarding issues with quality and settings of camera app, Asus decided to ignore them all. If you don't use camera, it's not problem for you.

View post
img-20220125-wa0000.jpg
As you said, in a very bright day the square on the screen in the place where supposed probably to be the fingerprint sensor it is visible

topolov
Rising Star II
slimghost

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202511#Comment_202511

img-20220125-wa0000.jpg

As you said, in a very bright day the square on the screen in the place where supposed probably to be the fingerprint sensor it is visible

View post
Yep, this one. For me it was a surprise no one wrote about it here.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
It was written a couple of times...
wirazo

Hi,

Today I noticed when I was watching a white screen, under direct sunlight, a squared shadow, in the same position as in the picture below, have you guys noticed the same? I don't know whether it's a defect or something else. Obviously, I was hard for me to capture a clear image of the screen with another phone.

screenshot-20201205-091653101-1.jpg

Squared shadow white screen under sunlight
and the thread point to the original thread too

Roystoys
Zen Master III
All phones have their drawbacks but overall I am happy with my zenfone 7