This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My samsung note8 without b40 jio sim is having double the speed compared to my asus rog phone 3.wth

jobinbatista
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: it is ending with .185, android 11 latest november patch 2021.
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: well everytime i freaking try to use the mobile network.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The scenario is, i dont get it man, even with jio 4g+ my phone is so slow i feel like changing from my new rog phone to my old samsung which doesnt even have a freaking band 40. I mean wow. Asus tryin evolution backwards or wat bruhh 😅

18 REPLIES 18

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
It just means that band 40 is slower in your region/space.
All phones will likely behave similar. ASUS has nothing to do with it, it's your provider with a bad sim configuration.

jobinbatista
Star II
Danishblunt

It just means that band 40 is slower in your region/space.

All phones will likely behave similar. ASUS has nothing to do with it, it's your provider with a bad sim configuration.

View post
i apologize, samsung note 8 does support band 40, and several apps confirmed that. now coming to the point. Stop being an asus fan for a moment and lets just analize the situation... i get peak 90mbps in my region. (read it again) . doing speed tests in Both my Note 8 and rog phn 3.
Rog performed worse like 3mpbs was the fastest it could go while my samsung n8 secured around 20mbps, i tested the fact with downloading apps etc etc to the point i thought of punching the shit out of it for performing worse that a 4 year old phone like n8 with an exynos lol not even a sd.
now to the point... lets take a normal day to day task like browsing or just scrolling through insta... it takes a idk some time to get up to speed, speed of 200kbps or less ( my average speed in the area being 20mbps confirmed from my friends jio sim and my note 8. how do i say it, its like there is speed in my area but the phone doesnt utilize it.
its like you give the dog tons of meat but he doesnt eat it.
i did everything i could possibly do like reset, apn, changed bands like band 3, band 5, tested with other anything you could imagine at first (me being a techie) .
WAIT FOR IT MY JIO SIM SHOWED 4G+ AND CONFIRMED IT FROM THE PHONE INFO. TAB THAT IT WAS SURELY ON "CA", STILL THE SPEED WAS LESS THAN 3mbps. wow typing this brings tears to my eyes and many others like me ,now help me out will ya ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jobinbatista

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202147#Comment_202147

i apologize, samsung note 8 does support band 40, and several apps confirmed that. now coming to the point. Stop being an asus fan for a moment and lets just analize the situation... i get peak 90mbps in my region. (read it again) . doing speed tests in Both my Note 8 and rog phn 3.

Rog performed worse like 3mpbs was the fastest it could go while my samsung n8 secured around 20mbps, i tested the fact with downloading apps etc etc to the point i thought of punching the shit out of it for performing worse that a 4 year old phone like n8 with an exynos lol not even a sd.

now to the point... lets take a normal day to day task like browsing or just scrolling through insta... it takes a idk some time to get up to speed, speed of 200kbps or less ( my average speed in the area being 20mbps confirmed from my friends jio sim and my note 8. how do i say it, its like there is speed in my area but the phone doesnt utilize it.

its like you give the dog tons of meat but he doesnt eat it.

i did everything i could possibly do like reset, apn, changed bands like band 3, band 5, tested with other anything you could imagine at first (me being a techie) .

WAIT FOR IT MY JIO SIM SHOWED 4G+ AND CONFIRMED IT FROM THE PHONE INFO. TAB THAT IT WAS SURELY ON "CA", STILL THE SPEED WAS LESS THAN 3mbps. wow typing this brings tears to my eyes and many others like me ,now help me out will ya ?

View post
1.) Stop being a deluded clueless person for a moment and take some time to read my response.
2.) I have around 200mbit on LTE+ when I'm around in my city.
3.) This can be caused by 2 things:
You use a cover that literally blocks the Rog3's signal
or
Your provider has a pretty garbage configuration

Problem is clearly PEBUAK.

Dinesh_gtr
Star II
Atleast I am glad you are getting to use Lte seemlessly on your phones.. my rog 3 is not supporting Lte for airtel network and team asus does not want to respond. Even my dad's realme 2pro, 3 years old phone is supporting 4g lte for the same sim when I swapped it