Did you mean: 

Vodafone Australia VoLTE

nednrb
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Every second of the day.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is Asus planning on opening voLTE up to Vodafone Australia anytime this decade?
5 REPLIES 5

Avsynthe
Star II
They better do it soon, or by mid-2024, they'll find most of their customers are going to be walking around with a small tablet that can't make calls when Telstra (Australia's largest of the 3 networks, just for the mods info) turns off the 3G signal for the country 😂. Google "Telstra 3G closure - what do I need to know?"

I rarely ever see the mods reply in these, now numerous, threads, and when I brought this up to ASUS Aus tech support over the phone, they thought I was talking about VoIP and had to reeeeally explain to them what I was talking about.

From a technical standpoint, it is already possible with root. All they need to do is add the required MBN files to the from and it will work, but for them to OFFICIALLY be able to legally support it in any given country, they have to do that and then test that emergency numbers and services still work correctly. Which they do according to XDA.

But yeah, that's what we've been waiting on for the last 3 years in a nutshell

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have two Sim cards in my zenfone 7 at the moment 1 Telstra 2 Vodafone and neither of them have any sort of ,volte or VoIP, unbelievable.
I had a OnePlus 9 Pro for a week or two and it did so why don't we????

nednrb
Star I
screenshot-20220129-090857517.jpg
From Asus customer support.
I put a complaint to the accc. For Asus deceiving consumers that this piece of junk is a premium phone.

They then carried on to say that my poor phone reception might be a hardware issue and I should send my phone for service. Which is utter rubbish.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
nednrb

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every second of the day.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Is Asus planning on opening voLTE up to Vodafone Australia anytime this decade?

Vodafone Australia VoLTE
You can try dial *#*#3642623344#*#* to unhide the option and try enable voLTE in the settings. The mbn does exist for quite a while now.
If it doesn't work then most likely operator issue