Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

sargemon
Star I
Hi All,
Same issue here - Dell Vostro desktop (Intel wireless 3165) drops regularly on but 2.4 and 5 ghz with my dual XT8 config on 45934.
I see that Asus has released 46061. Has anyone tried it yet?

xt8suxs
Star II
sargemon

Hi All,

Same issue here - Dell Vostro desktop (Intel wireless 3165) drops regularly on but 2.4 and 5 ghz with my dual XT8 config on 45934.

I see that Asus has released 46061. Has anyone tried it yet?

View post
Yeah, I tried it for 24 hours and it didn't make any difference, actually, I saw a worse ping response (with more frequent timeouts!)
Now with downgrading to 42095 for close to another 24 hours didn't have any disconnectivity at all so far! everything seems to be working fine!
Trying to figure out what might be different (config-wise) with 42095,
As an example: I don't recall what is the default value with "45934" or even "46061" for the "OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO" setting under ( Wireless -> Professional).
Can anyone still running an up-to-date version confirm what's the current config they have for the OFDMA to compare? seems with downgrading the firmware I got a different value, might be related to fixing the issue! let's see.

sargemon
Star I
Is there anything difficult about flashing to an older version? Anything to watch out for?

cheers

xt8suxs
Star II
sargemon

Is there anything difficult about flashing to an older version? Anything to watch out for?

cheers

View post
Not really, as simple as downloading the firmware, confirming the MD5 checksum, and extracting the firmware file. Then upload to the "Manual firmware update". You would need to do the manual update for all of the nodes one by one.
Also, it's always a good idea to backup your settings before making any changes.

Is it possible to screenshot the "Wireless -> Professional" settings for (2.4G, 5G-1, 5G-2) before downgrading the firmware? I missed doing this part to compare what changes with the firmware change! 🙂

sargemon
Star I
xt8suxs

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202175#Comment_202175

Not really, as simple as downloading the firmware, confirming the MD5 checksum, and extracting the firmware file. Then upload to the "Manual firmware update". You would need to do the manual update for all of the nodes one by one.

Also, it's always a good idea to backup your settings before making any changes.

Is it possible to screenshot the "Wireless -> Professional" settings for (2.4G, 5G-1, 5G-2) before downgrading the firmware? I missed doing this part to compare what changes with the firmware change! 🙂

View post
Sorry mate, it’s at my in-law’s place and I’m not heading back there for at least two weeks.