This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Ultimate CPU Downclock (Limited CPU Performance)

MinerQuarry
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBG Mobile, PUBG New State, Genshin Impact, Minecraft
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Asus ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Got The Wifi, Hotspot, And Bluetooth Not Turning On Problem And Got It's Motherboard Replaced. But After The Motherboard Got Replaced, It's CPU Got Limited Even When Playing With X Mode/X Mode+. The CPU Stays At 1.08 GHZ Constantly While Gaming. Especially In Genshin Impact I Can't Get 60fps Even For A Second. Before Getting My Motherboard Replaced My Phone Works Fine And Can Achieve Constant 60fps In Genshin. Is There Any Solutions Or Do I Need To Go To The Service Center Again? Thank You.
15 REPLIES 15

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
FunBike31

You have this limitation that only when the temperature reaches 42 °, you are in luck then.

I just took it out of the box, I launched several gaming sessions, from the temperature of 30 ° to 41% the CPU does not take off from 1.42 GHz, this smartphone is just unusable now.

View post
Mine is just as bad as yours, it never goes above 1.79Ghz even when the phone is 30C, then the CPU would get locked at 1.42Ghz above 42C. There is currently a workaround through Game Scenario Profile Advanced Hardcore Tuning but you'll have to make a profile for all the games.
The system performance profiles like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are no longer working even if you set the performance to to all High they are all clocking at the same speed.

Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200582#Comment_200582

Mine is just as bad as yours, it never goes above 1.79Ghz even when the phone is 30C, then the CPU would get locked at 1.42Ghz above 42C. There is currently a workaround through Game Scenario Profile Advanced Hardcore Tuning but you'll have to make a profile for all the games.

The system performance profiles like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are no longer working even if you set the performance to to all High they are all clocking at the same speed.

View post
Dear Sarkiri,
Can you please tell whole process how to achieve full 2.84 ghz? I am making custom profiles but not sure that done that correctly or not? Please post screenshots of steps or tell here please....

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

I am having the same problem with my ROG Phone 5 12GB RAM/256GB variant. I had to replace the motherboard because of the Wi-Fi issue.

I got my phone from the service center yesterday with .200 firmware but it downloaded the .210 firmware automatically so I had to update it and I did not get to test the .200 update.

I was playing Genshin Impact earlier today and I was getting worse performance than before, the fps dropping as low as 26 FPS during fights and the phone also doesn't seem to feel as smooth as before so I tried checking the clock speeds while playing the game and noticed that my CPU clock Speed would not go above 1.42 to 1.79Ghz even with X-Mode and X-Mode+ with the cooler attached when before my motherboard got replaced I use to get 2.84Ghz to 2.32Ghz.

This phone is becoming worse and worse and makes me wonder how they are getting the best smartphone awards that they keep posting on social media.

View post
I want to correct myself here. I was wrong when I said that I use to get 2.84Ghz to 2.32Ghz with my original motherboard. The correct clock speed was 2.84Ghz to 2.38Ghz.

Jaga_Lilin
Rising Star I
Errr you guys need to tweak armory crate a little

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Lmao, this is so predictable. Keep your eyes on rog 2 forum.
If performance degrades in rog 2 then it will degrade in rog 3 and rog 5 as well.
The updates for rogs are linked by looking at current scenario, the only difference is they exclude the rog 3 and rog 5 features from rog 2. Rest is all same.