This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3, the heat temperature during play game is increased since upgraded to Android 11

sopiansouw
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: Android 11 ".185"
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: after upgraded to Android 11
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I usually playing Genshin Impact with Android 10 and settings highest graphic at 30 fps only reach 40-44 degrees Celcius in the room without air conditioner
But after upgraded to Android 11 updated patch ".185", the heat is increased to 44-47 degrees celcius in the room without air conditioner. Anyone feel the same as I felt with ROG 3 Android 11 updated patch?
How to fix this issue? Or how to send this issue to ASUS so they can fix heat increased issue in Android 11 at next system update?
Thank you for the answer

19 REPLIES 19

A555
Star II
How to downgrade to Android 10???

joshyyosh
Star I
I never had an overheating issue with the .185 update, however I had a throttling issue. It didn't matter what temperature my phone was at, it still throttled like crazy. I decided to roll back to .182 and everything works fine for me.

sopiansouw
Star I
joshyyosh

I never had an overheating issue with the .185 update, however I had a throttling issue. It didn't matter what temperature my phone was at, it still throttled like crazy. I decided to roll back to .182 and everything works fine for me.

View post
It's not about overheating sir, I just feel the temperature is increased and throttling issue is increased too since upgraded to A11 .182

sopiansouw
Star I
sopiansouw

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202034#Comment_202034

It's not about overheating sir, I just feel the temperature is increased and throttling issue is increased too since upgraded to A11 .182

View post
Sorry, I mean .185
I already downgraded to A10 latest patch and the issues are fix. This is prove that A11 on rog 3 is not "upgrade" for gamer user. I recommend for other user like me to stay on A10 for gaming experience purpose

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Android 11 runs more smooth than Android 10 and thermals are identical. Have tested this, anyone else claiming something else has some sort of issue where applications keep spamming for permissions they don't get or did have a bad upgrade from A10 to A11.
Check applications that drain battery and re-enable the permissions the apps use.