cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

RaddedMC
Star III
It seems that three pages worth of people are having similar issues to mine, so I'll add a bit more info
My home setup (some generic usb 8 in 1 thing from amazon with HDMI out) works fine with my Dell P2714T on both USB-C ports right now (Nvidia GPU on).
I haven't been able to test my university student dorm setup where all this started (my StarTech DisplayLink hub and Asus monitor that I forgot the model of it's probably on page 1 somewhere) because my university keeps delaying the return date due to Omicron.

Below is a massive set of screenshots showing my current windows 11 / amd / nvidia software,, perhaps if you guys install drivers to match mine things will work better.
Since I'm unable to test my university dorm setup I can't verify that the original issues have been fixed, but I believe updating the AMD drivers did help, so thanks to whoever originally posted that tidbit.

Current software:
--- WINDOWS UPDATE ---
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
--- SKIPPED DEFINITIONS AND OTHER ---
--- AMD ---
image.png
image.png
--- NVIDIA ---
image.png

ccallaghan84
Star I
Figured I'd chime in as well. Got the Flow last week from BB. Everything is updated - nvidia on the new 511.23 drivers and AMD Radeon 22.1.2, MyASUS is . Was working fine for a couple days from either USB port. Today I went to put it in "tent" mode and it worked for 5 minutes then no display out from either port.
Did some hard resets and disconnected the battery to eventually get the left port (xg port) working, but it stopped as soon as i put it in tent mode again, requiring the reset dance. Right port never started working again.
I'm going to toss some USB analyzer software at it to see if there's anything there to help diagnose the issue. Monitor is the Dell U3821

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Thank you for the information.
We will work on the driver and the monitor model you provided.

Idanmos
Star I
I am having the same problem as everybody here and I can't get it to even show something on one of the displays.
I have tried with both Dell P2717H monitor and Samsung S24E650 monitors with and without using a Lenovo Thinkpad USV-C Dock Gen2.
I tried using the USB-C connectors on both sides and in all scenarios and got nothing.
I have tried with the drivers out of the box and all the up-to-date drivers.
This is a serious BUG that is not acceptable for a laptop at this price range!
@Blake_ASUS I hope you guys roll out a driver that fixes that soon and update us when it's done.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
@Idanmos
Thanks for your information.
We will work on the driver and monitor you provided.