cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

nicholaslees
Star I
nicholaslees

I just bought a x13 flow and discovered this same error today when I tried to use it at work with my dual Dell U2414h monitors through a USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter. It does not detect any external displays, and nothing I have tried from Reddit or elsewhere seems to fix the issue. Prior to this, I had successfully used a Surface Pro 6 at work with no issues. This USB-C to Mini-DP adapter was also used successfully yesterday at my home setup on a Dell U2717d, I'll have to take it back home tonight to try again and see if it detects it.

View post
The external U2717d monitor connects just fine... Not sure why it would work with this one but not the U2414h monitors.

nicholaslees
Star I
Another follow-up. I was able to get a USB-C to HDMI output working to the Dell U2414h, but for some reason, it doesn't recognize the USB-C to Displayport. I was able to use that output for one monitor and the standalone HDMI port for the other monitor. It wasn't ideal, but it did allow me to drive two external monitors.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
nunoliveira89

Hello,

One more over here. i'm having problems with the hdmi port.

The port sometimes works, but other times it detects the external monitor but don't have any image.

I have a dock station connected to usb-c and the monitor connected to the usb-c port works well. My only problem is with hdmi port

View post
Hi there,
In that case, please kindly open a new thread.
And share more detail about it.
Are you having GV301QE? GV301QC?
And which monitor are you using? have you cross check with a different monitor?
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
nicholaslees

Another follow-up. I was able to get a USB-C to HDMI output working to the Dell U2414h, but for some reason, it doesn't recognize the USB-C to Displayport. I was able to use that output for one monitor and the standalone HDMI port for the other monitor. It wasn't ideal, but it did allow me to drive two external monitors.

View post
Hi Nicholas,
You said you can connect the Type C port with U2717d, then can you keep this connection and connect U2414h to the HDMI? Then you would have 2 external monitors.
Or do you mean it only support one of the above connection at one time?
Thank you.

nicholaslees
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201912#Comment_201912

Hi Nicholas,

You said you can connect the Type C port with U2717d, then can you keep this connection and connect U2414h to the HDMI? Then you would have 2 external monitors.

Or do you mean it only support one of the above connection at one time?

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake,
I'm actually referring to two separate setups. My home office is a single U2717d monitor and that worked via Usb-c to displayport. My work office is dual U2414h monitors and neither of those worked on the USB-C to displayport connection, as it would not detect the monitor. However they would work on USB-C to HDMI for one monitor and the HDMI port for the other monitor.