This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 suddenly turned off and unable to turn on.

Brainy_Clown
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Nearly every 3 days
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): I think is is related to phone software/hardware itself
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm facing a problem with my rog phone 5, suddenly it turns off by itself and unable to turn on. I bought it 6 months ago and maintained carefully ever since. I tried switching on using different key combinations, charging the mobile and trying nothing seems to be working. I think I'm having a mini heart attack. 2 days ago I visited service center to have my phone checked up, but they are unable to find why it is happening, and said mobile was fine but here I am facing the same issue again. I hope someone can help me with this issue.
16 REPLIES 16

dhoest728
Star I
I got an Asus ROG phone 5s it lasted for 3 days and will not power on. Got w replacement phone not fixed but brand new and 2 weeks later brand new 2nd phone died will not power on exact same as first one. At least I'm not alone I see.

Wilo
Star I
Hey!
So, have you picked up your phone?
What's the info please?
screenshot-20220114-211110815-1.jpg
Hey!
So, have you picked up your phone?
What's the info please?

dheeraj_g999
Star III
Hi, my Asus ROG phone 5 is died just now and not turning on!!!!
Did the motherboard replacement fixed the issue??

RickTheMelon
Star I
He folks, my ROG PHONE 5 did the same thing just now. I Googled it and got this thread.
Mine died just straight after hanging up on a call. the thing just died. no screen, no lights. dead. Nothing I could press did anything.
However - I know from owning other phones in the past, there are usually some key combos you can press to get a reboot or safe mode, so I went pressing things.
I found a way to reboot it and I got it back to life.
I just held down UP/DOWN volume AND the POWER button - all 3x together at the same time. Held it there for about 5 secs.
It then came up with a safe mode menu and I could use the volume buttons to select 'TURN OFF' and the power button to action it.
Then, once it was off, I could then turn it back on. It worked for me. I hope it saves some of you from having to return your phones. And I hope it doesn't keep doing it, or else it WILL be going back!

Cheers,
Rick

dheeraj_g999
Star III
@RickTheMelon
Lucky for you. I did tried that but no go.
Submitted my phone at service center and they gonna replace motherboard. Really regreting my decision to trust Asus. I should have gone for some other brand or atleast iPhone.
Never trusting Asus again!!