This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any UK Carriers that support VoLTE?

chrissfoot
Star II
Has anyone had any luck enabling VoLTE on any UK carriers? I've really like this feature and I'll be changing network at the end of the month and would really like to start using it!
Thanks
Chris
17 REPLIES 17

Johannes
Star I
Anders_ASUS

Well this is something that is still being discussed. Some of us think it's ok to solve it they way you propose and others thinks its irresponsible if we allow it. It's a long discussion that will not be over anytime soon.

View post
What is irresponsible is releasing a phone and not enabling VoLTE and VoWiFi, leaving people without a way to make calls at all. I'm in Germany and when I'm at my parents' place, I can not make any calls at all without VoWiFi. Also, as 5G is being rolled out, 3G will likely be turned down majorly, leaving everyone without the ability to make calls without VoLTE.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Johannes

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/19856#Comment_19856

What is irresponsible is releasing a phone and not enabling VoLTE and VoWiFi, leaving people without a way to make calls at all. I'm in Germany and when I'm at my parents' place, I can not make any calls at all without VoWiFi. Also, as 5G is being rolled out, 3G will likely be turned down majorly, leaving everyone without the ability to make calls without VoLTE.

View post
We hear you. It's an ongoing discussion. VoLTE is currently not available but that doesn't mean that it never will.

chrissfoot
Star II
There is potentially an unsupported way by rooting your phone and changing the build.prop. I'd give it a go but i'm in the 10 beta so I can't unlock my bootloader!