Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Aisyahmj
Star II
FunBike31

People continue to buy Asus rog 5 and 5s smartphones and are surprised by the WiFi failure even though they seem to know ZenTalk and the discussion of Rog 5 or + 95% of messages relate to this problem? Human nature is very complex

View post
It's the other way around. Got here because of trying to find solution for the wifi issue. Get off your high horse will ya.

Aisyahmj
Star II
4 weeks in setvice centre now.

Ryan2906
Star II
I bought my phone on 26th September 2021, it's been 3 months and I got the wifi and hotspot issue. It was working just fine and suddenly today afternoon I started having these issues, if anyone got solution or anything please help.

Aisyahmj
Star II
Have finally received my phone today, from 21st December 2021. It took 5 weeks plus tu repair. They replaced mainboard to repair it.

My question now is, has anyone experienced recurring problem after this repair?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Aisyahmj

Have finally received my phone today, from 21st December 2021. It took 5 weeks plus tu repair. They replaced mainboard to repair it.

My question now is, has anyone experienced recurring problem after this repair?

View post
Here are for example 2 users who had their motherboards replaced and encountered the problem again, the number is not significant compared to the hundreds who had the problem for the first time but it exists.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56069/wifi-again-stopped-working-1-5-half-months-after-mother...
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53660/after-motherboard-replacement-from-wifi-issue