Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Latest .210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1/2 Times in Week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Mobile Network
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Replacing Motherboard Twice for Wifi- Hotspot also charging issue, new problem arises sometimes Volte not showing have to restart the device to activate Volte Again..
Today suddenly simcard is off automatically, tried to on but showing unknown Error, tried several times to switch on the sim card but no success, have to restart again then sim card showing!
Sorry forgot to take screenshot in that intense time, though of going Service Centre again..
So my question is to Asus & it's co- associates that how many more problems i have to face with this device, every time a new problem arises, still Asus did not replace it. This is a faulty unit I think Asus should give Replacement
22 REPLIES 22

Solid_Snake
Star II
Indr@@@@@123

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: Latest .210
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1/2 Times in Week
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Mobile Network

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After Replacing Motherboard Twice for Wifi- Hotspot also charging issue, new problem arises sometimes Volte not showing have to restart the device to activate Volte Again..

Today suddenly simcard is off automatically, tried to on but showing unknown Error, tried several times to switch on the sim card but no success, have to restart again then sim card showing!

Sorry forgot to take screenshot in that intense time, though of going Service Centre again..

So my question is to Asus & it's co- associates that how many more problems i have to face with this device, every time a new problem arises, still Asus did not replace it. This is a faulty unit I think Asus should give Replacement

Sim Card Issue after replacing Motherboard
The staff I talk in the Service Center says that if the problem still persist 4-5 times, they recommend to replace the unit. I just sent my ROG 5s Pro to service center too. 29 days of use, it broke the fast charging system and after updating to latest firmware I experience fast battery drain lol. What a disappointment ASUS. 😐

Indr
Rising Star II
Solid Snake

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57178/sim-card-issue-after-replacing-motherboard

The staff I talk in the Service Center says that if the problem still persist 4-5 times, they recommend to replace the unit. I just sent my ROG 5s Pro to service center too. 29 days of use, it broke the fast charging system and after updating to latest firmware I experience fast battery drain lol. What a disappointment ASUS. 😐

View post
Approx every User faced problem after replacing Motherboard still Asus did not replace the Unit....
All the moderators are silent about this issues, they are sleeping all the time..
Just 6 months completed lots of problem arises day by day...
Thank You So Much Asus...

dheeraj_g999
Star III
@Indr@@@@@123
Hey dude, I faced the same issue few months back...not only me, many users faced it.
The only solution is to visit the service center and they will replace something in your phone and it will surely take 3-4 weeks of time.
Worst part, you will be facing further issues like fingerprint sensor not working properly, can't turn on WiFi, Hotspot etc. Your phone will switch off and won't turn on.
Again you have to visit the service center and they will replace motherboard. This is very frequent issue with rog phone 5.
Trust me, this is a manufacturing defect and they sold us a defect product. Just go back to Previous months in this forum and you will how many users complaining.
Just imagine, if this issue happens after the warranty period expires then for any issue we have to pay thousands of rupees.
My phone is died for 2 days now. Service center in Hyderabad is closed, they say because of covid. Not sure when it will open again. I've called Asus through phone, email no proper response.
Today, I've raised a complaint at National consumer forum. Will have to see what happens next.

Indr
Rising Star II
dheeraj.g999

@Indr@@@@@123

Hey dude, I faced the same issue few months back...not only me, many users faced it.

The only solution is to visit the service center and they will replace something in your phone and it will surely take 3-4 weeks of time.

Worst part, you will be facing further issues like fingerprint sensor not working properly, can't turn on WiFi, Hotspot etc. Your phone will switch off and won't turn on.

Again you have to visit the service center and they will replace motherboard. This is very frequent issue with rog phone 5.

Trust me, this is a manufacturing defect and they sold us a defect product. Just go back to Previous months in this forum and you will how many users complaining.

Just imagine, if this issue happens after the warranty period expires then for any issue we have to pay thousands of rupees.

My phone is died for 2 days now. Service center in Hyderabad is closed, they say because of covid. Not sure when it will open again. I've called Asus through phone, email no proper response.

Today, I've raised a complaint at National consumer forum. Will have to see what happens next.

View post
Already changed Twice motherboard for various issues..
1. Wifi Hotspot Stopped Working:
Takes more than 25 days to receive the unit after Motherboard replaced, faced battery draining rapidly afterwards suddenly after 1 Month of replacement Charging not working, stuck at certain nos in long time..

2. Fast Charging/Steady Charging not Working:
Again Submitted to same Service centre under Another RMA. Again they replaced motherboard also takes more than 20 days to receive the unit Back..
Now facing Battery Draining, Volte/Simcard issue, day by day issues are increasing in various aspects, sometimes simcard sometimes Battery etc etc..
Tried lot for Refund also replacement this unit, Our Dearest Asus don't need that, gave me that same faulty units back to back.
Mailed them arround 100 times, posted here also.. nobody cares..
Also My IMEI changed Thrice for this motherboard replacement, how can I exchange this device to any online selling platform, that's also my question to Asus?
I faced everything which you mentioned here😅😅😅😅

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201712#Comment_201712

Already changed Twice motherboard for various issues..

1. Wifi Hotspot Stopped Working:

Takes more than 25 days to receive the unit after Motherboard replaced, faced battery draining rapidly afterwards suddenly after 1 Month of replacement Charging not working, stuck at certain nos in long time..

2. Fast Charging/Steady Charging not Working:

Again Submitted to same Service centre under Another RMA. Again they replaced motherboard also takes more than 20 days to receive the unit Back..

Now facing Battery Draining, Volte/Simcard issue, day by day issues are increasing in various aspects, sometimes simcard sometimes Battery etc etc..

Tried lot for Refund also replacement this unit, Our Dearest Asus don't need that, gave me that same faulty units back to back.

Mailed them arround 100 times, posted here also.. nobody cares..

Also My IMEI changed Thrice for this motherboard replacement, how can I exchange this device to any online selling platform, that's also my question to Asus?

I faced everything which you mentioned here😅😅😅😅

View post
No problem is normal on a device of this game but the most surprising is the battery problem after changing the motherboard (in reality it is an inseparable mother-daughter board couple, paired together), for the battery, the maintenance manual indicates that the battery must be replaced with a new one when changing the motherboard, which is logical because the smartphone must be heated for 10 min at 70°, the battery then loses a lot of its lifespan ), so normally you should have a fresh battery every time you open the Rog 5 for repair. (To be recalibrated as soon as you get the phone back)
If you still had to send your rog5 back to the service center, send it with a charged battery between 70% and 90%, if you receive it with + - the same value, you have to ask yourself the question