This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original ROG phone update.

ZT-a9606218
Rising Star I
When is Asus going to provide Android 11 update to this poor phone that I bought 3 years ago? And enable 4g VoLTE as well being in January 2022 3g will be discontinued starting with AT&T hence according to AT&T as well T-Mobile state that the original ROG phone will not work on their systems in 2022. Any relief for those of us who bought this phone?!? It seems Asus cares more about the ROG 3 and up then they do a 3 year old phone? Heck Samsung and OnePlus are still updating phones they sold 3 years ago. My OnePlus 6 is running Android 11 and will still work on AT&T and T-Mobile after the 3g shut down vs my ROG phone. Can't even sell it on eBay because of this issue.

31 REPLIES 31

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I'm closing this thread with a reminder to be respectful towards one another here on Zentalk.
As for the original discussion point, ROG Phone has reached end-of-support and will not receive an Android 11 update at this point.

ZT-a9606218
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201358#Comment_201358

If the Rog supports VoLTE on a hardware level then any developer could enable VoLTE on your phone given you have the sourcecode. However looking at XDA and other platforms, nobody seems to care about the OG Rog Phone.

Example on how the community enables VoLTE on the Rog2: https://www.getdroidtips.com/vowifi-asus-rog-phone-2/

as for your "hacks" I doubt it.

View post
Exactly, hence why Asus needs to do this update. Developers gave up on Asus so it seems.
Even tho Nokia stopped updating the Nokia 6.1 and OnePlus officially ended support for the OnePlus 6 recently there is still third party support for these phones I own.
And by looking at the forums around here it seems I am not alone on this subject. From the ROG 2 phone and up seems folks are a little pisst about VoLTE not being enabled. It seems when there is enough complaints is when Asus takes notice. Sad that a company needs to be this way.
I guess this phone will go to the live and learn file hence Asus lost me as a customer. Sad really. But, life is a ***** then you die.
Bought a OnePlus 9 Pro recently so I am good. Asus can make things right for folks with the OG ROG if they care too?!? Oh, well.
Mods can close this thread. I am done here and with Asus. Cheers.