cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

RaddedMC
Star III
minor update to this issue on my end:
Again, haven't tried in my apartment on the hardware that I originally noticed this issue on (a university student residence that we got kicked out of because of omicron woo) but now I'm noticing that my right USB-C port seems to be working fine on my home docking setup, and my left USB-C port now gets no signal to my monitor.

deadlyheatray
Star I
This is occurring for me, as well:
HDMI detects displays
Right USB-C doesn't detect displays (via dock)
Left USB-C detects displays (via dock)
On 1/16/2022, left USB-C stopped detecting displays. I tried two different docks that both work on another computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 and the issue is still occurring. I ultimately deleted the AMD Radeon driver and re-installed via AMD site. This somewhat helped. My displays are detected on both USB C ports, now, but it is intermittent.
@Blake_ASUS Has ASUS been able to replicate this?
Device Details:
Model: GV301QE
AMD Driver: 30.0.13025.5005
NVIDIA Driver: 30.0.14.9649

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
deadlyheatray

This is occurring for me, as well:

• HDMI detects displays
  • Right USB-C doesn't detect displays (via dock)
  • Left USB-C detects displays (via dock)

On 1/16/2022, left USB-C stopped detecting displays. I tried two different docks that both work on another computer. I upgraded to Windows 11 and the issue is still occurring. I ultimately deleted the AMD Radeon driver and re-installed via AMD site. This somewhat helped. My displays are detected on both USB C ports, now, but it is intermittent.

@Blake_ASUS Has ASUS been able to replicate this?

Device Details:

• Model: GV301QE
  • AMD Driver: 30.0.13025.5005
  • NVIDIA Driver: 30.0.14.9649

View post
Hi there,
Would you mind to provide the update record in Windows update or MyASUS around 1/16/2022?
Thank you very much.

deadlyheatray
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201636#Comment_201636

Hi there,

Would you mind to provide the update record in Windows update or MyASUS around 1/16/2022?

Thank you very much.

View post

Sure thing. Here are some screenshots. Just an update, both USB-C ports no longer detect my displays. They still charge, though. HDMI port detects my display just fine. Thanks for your help!
definition-updates.png
driver-updates.png

nicholaslees
Star I
I just bought a x13 flow and discovered this same error today when I tried to use it at work with my dual Dell U2414h monitors through a USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter. It does not detect any external displays, and nothing I have tried from Reddit or elsewhere seems to fix the issue. Prior to this, I had successfully used a Surface Pro 6 at work with no issues. This USB-C to Mini-DP adapter was also used successfully yesterday at my home setup on a Dell U2717d, I'll have to take it back home tonight to try again and see if it detects it.