This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a Phone issue or a Google Play Store Issue? Can't install the regular Reddit App

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
screenshot-20211230-020143053.jpg
Since a clean new installation of the Phone with all updates so far, I wanted to install my Reddit App back, which was also installed before the new clean installation, but Google Play Store tells me, that it can't be downloaded. If I search for the word Reddit, it also shows up directly, but if I click enter after searching it, it also doesn't show up in the suggested App List.
Is this a Phone Issue or a Google Play Store Issue ?
I would love to have my Reddit App back. Do you have the same issue, can anyone try and inform me?

6 REPLIES 6

Orteziu
Star I
Helo ;PuweY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201428#Comment_201428

The solution was very simple. And I also hate how I have to found it out by myself.

It's an issue where you have installed the app in the past where the app wasn't under a specific adult age in your country ( for me in Germany +18 Years ) and if you reset your phone you will still have the app in your Google Store App but it won't install, because you didn't validate your age in Google ( for example with your personal ID Card ).

I did validate my age on a Browser and after doing that you can install the App again.

Stupid behaviour because you already had that app, but no I have no issues anymore to install every +18 App

View post
Thank you for the reply. How can i validate my age? I simply logged it into my google account, but i can only update my date of birth. I cannot see an option where i can upload an ID or validate my age somehow.
Update: i have tried to install an 18+ app and it worked, but i still cant install the game, so it is not related to age restriction.

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
Orteziu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201431#Comment_201431

Thank you for the reply. How can i validate my age? I simply logged it into my google account, but i can only update my date of birth. I cannot see an option where i can upload an ID or validate my age somehow.

Update: i have tried to install an 18+ app and it worked, but i still cant install the game, so it is not related to age restriction.

View post
I found the link where you have to upload Pictures from your Personal ID card to google in the past, unfortunatly because I already did it, I can't find the links anymore...but I still know I found them on a Computer Browser on a regular Google Search, I really can't remeber anymore what I searched in Google to find it, sorry 😞
I know it wasn't the most top search post, but I got my confirmation from Google a few minutes later and now I also can watch +18 Content on YouTube too.