Battery or AC: AC
Model: FX516PM
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Re-installed win10 again,
I use an external monitor (60Hz) i have a annoying randomly stuttering video and audio get distorted.
Bios 322

With latency mon i have ACPI.sys, storeport.sys, nvidia and vdf01000.sys DPC latency issue
This tuf it's the worst laptop i ever had in my life....
someone can help me, do you suggest to send to assistence or is unuseful?
26 REPLIES 26

Pythius
Star III
flivolsi76

I used a screen capture video on my windows10 in order to capture the freezing/stuttering (specially audio)

and when it happened i stopped the video and tried to watch it.

The result is that the video was perfect without stuttering audio or audio distorted.

I was using also Quick Cpu and in the same time of the stuttering CPU chart is stable.

What do you think?

View post
It's because when stuttering occurs everything freezes, not only game or audio. Everything become slower, even the screen recording software. So it records slowly, but after the phenomenon was gone, you can watch the record without any stutter. It's the same reason we can't find anything wrong when we look at the event viewer. The cause of stuttering is beyond the OS. And the cause is fTPM.
If you record it with another device or publish your game online, you can see that it's there. I mean, it's relativity of Einstein. Think operating system as an universe. In this universe, everything is fine. Everything is synchronized. Diagnostic tools etc. cant't find any anormally. But for us, poor users, it's a nightmare.

flivolsi76
Star I
The point is
i am using win10
playing i dont get any stuttering or audio distorted
i just get stuttering when i see while working a movie with VLC or youtube
I downgraded bios to 321 and let's see if it still stutter

flivolsi76
Star I
The stuttering seems to be also with bios 321.
What do you suggest to do with my ASUS TUF FX516PM model because on windows
TPM seems to be ready see attachment on Bios i don't see anything about fTPM but i see that secure boot is enabled?
How to fix this fu** stuttering? I will never buy a Asus again

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
if the issue happen when you are using the integrated graphic card, please try to reinstall the driver, or use the initial version.
Thank you.

flivolsi76
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

if the issue happen when you are using the integrated graphic card, please try to reinstall the driver, or use the initial version.

Thank you.

View post
i tried multiple times without success.
i re-installed win10 twice and the issue is still there and i am confused cause someone tell me it depends by TPM someone by Nvidia card and someone by Integrated cards...