This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapchat selfie camera looks like it was recorded on a 2011 Nintendo 3DS *with proof*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
As the title says, the front camera on the Zenfone 8 for Snapchat looks and sounds like it was quite literally recorded on a Nintendo 3DS from 2011. Never have I ever been so embarrassed to post my own videos on my Snapchat story because of the quality of the front camera. The back/main camera isn't perfect, but it's tolerable. But the front is just absolutely horrible. I will post 4 videos and 1 picture that I shot on my Zenfone 8 with the latest Android 12 firmware installed. Ignore my face, I chose actual videos that I recorded at school and with friends using the front camera on Snapchat so you guys can see just how bad it looks in real life scenarios.
4 videos and 1 picture below. All recorded on Snapchat FRONT camera. Videos are all grainy and the sound is staticky. Please Asus fix this. I'm so tired of being made fun of for my camera quality. This phone was released in 2021... 🤦‍♂️😕
snapchat-1267071241.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

off2fly115
Rising Star II
I would also like to add that about a good % of Zenfone owners in the United States are between the ages of 16-30. WE USE SNAPCHAT!!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say here "The Zenfones are great, but the Snapchat camera is horrible so I'm gonna go with an iPhone instead"...
You guys lose SO many customers because you don't care about the 3rd party camera quality like Snapchat or Instagram. When will you guys realize that the quality of 3rd party cameras is the main deciding factor to buy a phone for 90% of Americans. Sorry, if I sound upset or frustrated. This is my 3rd Zenfone I've owned, and I'm just tired of always having to put up with horrible 3 party camera support.

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Even in the first-party app the selfie camera is absolutely trash when you are not under the direct sunlight lol. It gets all grainy and smeary

off2fly115
Rising Star II
ZF8User

Even in the first-party app the selfie camera is absolutely trash when you are not under the direct sunlight lol. It gets all grainy and smeary

View post
Yep, exactly. It's so bad 🤦‍♂️

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
off2fly115

As the title says, the front camera on the Zenfone 8 for Snapchat looks and sounds like it was quite literally recorded on a Nintendo 3DS from 2011. Never have I ever been so embarrassed to post my own videos on my Snapchat story because of the quality of the front camera. The back/main camera isn't perfect, but it's tolerable. But the front is just absolutely horrible. I will post 4 videos and 1 picture that I shot on my Zenfone 8 with the latest Android 12 firmware installed. Ignore my face, I chose actual videos that I recorded at school and with friends using the front camera on Snapchat so you guys can see just how bad it looks in real life scenarios.

4 videos and 1 picture below. All recorded on Snapchat FRONT camera. Videos are all grainy and the sound is staticky. Please Asus fix this. I'm so tired of being made fun of for my camera quality. This phone was released in 2021... 🤦‍♂️😕

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/UPCF5YDIZSM3/snapchat-1432433118.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/Z0NAP5S1VQ4Q/snapchat-179714723.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/2DJ7HMLR4USE/snapchat-2060399072.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/G8G9GL85IPEY/snapchat-661723794.mp4

snapchat-1267071241.jpg

Snapchat selfie camera looks like it was recorded on a 2011 Nintendo 3DS *with proof*
2 things:
1.) If selfie camera is so important the flip is literally the best selfie camera phone on the planet. Makes me wonder why you go for a phone like the ZF 8 non flip.
2.) It's not ASUS's fault but Snapchat. ASUS exposes all camera API's for 3rd parties to implement good image quality, that being said 3rd party devs don't seem to care. If you're this mad about it, talk to snapchat dev team not ASUS, ASUS literally did all they could by exposing all API's for the camera free to use for 3rd party devs.
What you're effecitvely doing is the equivelent of blaming a chainsaw company to cause a man to chop without turning the chainsaw on at a tree instead of turning it on and sawing a tree like a normal human being.
To give you an idea how lazy and braindead the snapchat devs are, Instead of using the Camera2API like competent developers, instead Snapchat literally takes a screenshot of your camera viewport or records your viewport for videos, yes, this sht is real and not a joke.