This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuttering Game play on 90fps After Motherboard Replacement

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
ROG 5 12/256 playing BGMI Heavy Shuttering and to much of lag .If my screen Recorder Setting 1080p-quality high-60fps Recording Footage is here
@ARP_ASUS
52 REPLIES 52

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201287#Comment_201287

Maybe a reply from them that they are looking into the issue or forwarded the issue to the software or technical team or anything would be nice. They are completely ignoring any threads relating to the performance issues. There are threads from 10 or 11 days that are still unanswered, when I see them answering on other threads.

My above comment proves that it is not a hardware issue. And I have recorded videos of the issue as well with X-Mode ON and OFF.

My phone is only 1 month old and I have not been able to use the phone properly. Its almost going to be three months now, most of the days wasted lying in the service center to be repaired because of the Wi-Fi issue and now I am not getting the performance as it is suppose to. So, yes you got one really angry customer here.

View post
A reply was given by ARP_ASUS in the other thread. There was no issues for ARP_ASUS.
Under Armoury Crate in the Console tab, there should be a customize X-mode (not sure what it is called exactly) but if you press on that, you can configure the default X-mode. This is so you don't need to go into the individual games to configure X-mode.
The fact the OP came from service centre and it only happens since then seems to relate back to the hardware changes the OP made.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201302#Comment_201302

A reply was given by ARP_ASUS in the other thread. There was no issues for ARP_ASUS.

Under Armoury Crate in the Console tab, there should be a customize X-mode (not sure what it is called exactly) but if you press on that, you can configure the default X-mode. This is so you don't need to go into the individual games to configure X-mode.

The fact the OP came from service centre and it only happens since then seems to relate back to the hardware changes the OP made.

View post
You are missing the point. I had already mentioned in my previous comment that the CPU is clocked at 1.42GHz no matter what settings I use other than the Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile.
The System Modes like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced found in Armoury Crate are all bugged. All of them are clocking at the same 1.42GHz and there is no difference in performance and clock speeds when I activate X-Mode or set the Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM performance to all High in Advanced or Game Scenario Profile.
If changing the settings in Advanced Hardcore Tuning in Game Scenario Profile restores my performance to the original 2.84Ghz and activating X-Mode or Game Tuning doesn't, doesn't it already tell you that it is a software issue and not a hardware issue?
I am facing the same issue as the OP and I have recorded videos as proofs showing only 1.42GHz with X-Mode ON when previously when I first bought the phone I use to get the full 2.48GHz clock speed with X-Mode ON.
For now I am using the manual Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile to work around this buggy firmware and restore the original performance that I am suppose to get with the X-Mode ON but even then the profile would not apply automatically. I have to first open the game then lock the phone using the power button and then unlock the phone and resume the game for the profile to apply changes or take effect for some games. So yeah it's a software issue.
And also the reason ARP_ASUS is not noticing any of this is because he's only playing games with light graphics that doesn't require much processing power and he's not checking his clock speed constantly or that he's happy with the performance he's getting or he might be one of the lucky few who did not get affected by the bug.

Indr
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201324#Comment_201324

You are missing the point. I had already mentioned in my previous comment that the CPU is clocked at 1.42GHz no matter what settings I use other than the Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile.

The System Modes like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced found in Armoury Crate are all bugged. All of them are clocking at the same 1.42GHz and there is no difference in performance and clock speeds when I activate X-Mode or set the Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM performance to all High in Advanced or Game Scenario Profile.

If changing the settings in Advanced Hardcore Tuning in Game Scenario Profile restores my performance to the original 2.84Ghz and activating X-Mode or Game Tuning doesn't, doesn't it already tell you that it is a software issue and not a hardware issue?

I am facing the same issue as the OP and I have recorded videos as proofs showing only 1.42GHz with X-Mode ON when previously when I first bought the phone I use to get the full 2.48GHz clock speed with X-Mode ON.

For now I am using the manual Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile to work around this buggy firmware and restore the original performance that I am suppose to get with the X-Mode ON but even then the profile would not apply automatically. I have to first open the game then lock the phone using the power button and then unlock the phone and resume the game for the profile to apply changes or take effect for some games. So yeah it's a software issue.

And also the reason ARP_ASUS is not noticing any of this is because he's only playing games with light graphics that doesn't require much processing power and he's not checking his clock speed constantly or that he's happy with the performance he's getting or he might be one of the lucky few who did not get affected by the bug.

View post
What settings i have to tweak in hardcore tuning for maximum performance? Please share with me with screenshots!
I have also facing the same problem, CPU goes Max 1.42, please share

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201154#Comment_201154

Like I said before, its a firmware issue and not the motherboard issue.

Your friend's firmware version .86 is very old from last year, when the X-Mode and other settings were working.

With the latest firmware .210, the System Modes like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are not working and all of them are clocking at the same 1.08GHz to 1.42GHz and not utilizing the full 2.84GHz clock speed.

There is no difference in performance and clock speeds when you activate X-Mode or change the Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM Performance to all High in Advanced or Game Scenario Profile, which is why your phone is lagging because I am experiencing the same thing after motherboard replacement.

The temporary workaround for now is through "Advanced Hardcore Tuning" in Game Scenario Profile until they release a new firmware update to fix the issue. I am now getting much better performance than X-Mode than when I first bought the phone with Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile.

The Armoury Crate Software is also bugged as it does not apply the Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profile automatically. You have to first open the game and then lock the phone using the power button and then unlock the phone using pattern or your fingerprint and then resume the game for the profile to apply changes or take effect.

View post
Yah bro my friend firmware to old I accepted but I also tried for stock rom update. And below .86 version . I off the automatic update .The phone will run on .75 version BGMI installed and playing still the problems remins shuttering.After update .95 version still continues issues.Aftet update continues issues.Till now .210 update I tried all versions the problem coming.
screenshot-20220115-222920411.jpg
screenshot-20220115-222915791.jpg
My friends says .83 version is my current update and also i check for .210 update in system he didn't not show . Your system is up to date .He also change motherboard in service center.but the update release on .210 version the date was 27/12/2021.But he checked on 05/01/2022 still not show their .210 update . Rog5 (8/128) friends model.
Reference screenshot
screenshot-20220115-223619705-1.jpg
screenshot-20220115-223509625-1-1.jpg
That was my doubt same model Rog5 but ram and memories different.mine 12/256 and friend model 8/128.rog5 only not 5s .My update current version .210 but they didn't get it still only .83 he said still the date try for .210 version system says you system is up -to -date. He play lag free gaming BGMI on 90fps smooth play not shuttering but mine heavy shuttering and lag .It's a phone issue(like Hardware)also throttling issue Not at all users are some user get the kind of these issues Example me And thediscussion users .so please conform their issue And Replace the phone unit also. @ARP_ASUS

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201338#Comment_201338

What settings i have to tweak in hardcore tuning for maximum performance? Please share with me with screenshots!

I have also facing the same problem, CPU goes Max 1.42, please share

View post
This is the settings that I am using right now.
I followed this guide to change the settings. (copy and paste it on your browser)
https://rogbbs-test.asus.com.cn/groups/7/posts/469
I am still experimenting with the settings and its not perfect but I was able to get 2.84Ghz and the temperature never goes above 50C with the cooler while with my original motherboard the temperature would go up to 55C.
After you make the same profile from the video. First open the game and then press the power button on the phone to lock the screen and the unlock the phone with pattern or fingerprint and resume the game for the profile to apply changes or take effect. If you don't do this the profile will not work as the Armoury Crate software is bugged.