cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
jp1

I am experiencing the same issue (using a type c to HDMI connector). I have read some forum posts on reddit stating that going into tablet mode seem to trigger this issue (I have yet to successfully test this myself since the usb-c display out doens't work either way). Have you tested this? @Blake_ASUS

For reference,

my model number is GV301QE

AMD driver version: 21.30.02.01-210805a-370611C-Asus

AMD Software version: 10.21.30024.0

NVIDIA driver version: 496.49

Windows 11 version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000

View post
Hi there,
Thank you for sharing the feedback.
Can I have the brand and model of the connector and monitor your are using ?
It would be great if you can take a picture or video of how you set up the connection.

jp1
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201018#Comment_201018

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the feedback.

Can I have the brand and model of the connector and monitor your are using ?

It would be great if you can take a picture or video of how you set up the connection.

View post
Using a Samsung Odyssey C32G54TQ Monitor. The adapter used is a "Satechi USB-C 4K 60 Hz HDMI-adapter". This setup has previously worked without issue (I also tested the adapter on another laptop, working just fine, so nor the adapter or the monitor is the issue here). I get regular USB connectivity through the USB-C ports (tested with a hub), so it doesn't appear to be any physical hardware faults in the connectors. I also tried flashing an older bios (GV301QEAS406), with no results
I am suspecting that this might be an issue with the current version of Windows 11 or any firmware updates pushed through Armoury Crate? Since I have not had this issue while running on Windows 10. I will try to boot a live preview of some Linux distro, to see if that changes anything.
I have considered returning to Windows 10, so any advice/resources on reinstalling laptop drivers etc would be highly appreciated.

XperiAndri
Star II
I have the same isssue. It worked well before even on Windows 11. But it worked only on the right port, not the left one (the side of XG mobile port)
Probably after some update it broke.
I connect "4K Portable Monitor Touchscreen - 15.6 Inch UHD Multi Touch Auto-Rotating HDR FreeSync USB-C Portable Display with Kickstand Dual Type-C Mini HDMI for Laptop PC Phone Mac Surface Xbox PS4 Switch" via "Certified Cable Matters 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Cable (USB C Thunderbolt Cable) in Black 3.3 Feet Supporting 100W Charging"

XperiAndri
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

May I know the AMD graphic driver version on your laptop currently?

If you uninstall the driver by device manager, back to the initial version, does it help?

Thank you.

View post
So I uninstalled the AMD driver completely.
Then installed. Of course, it didn't help and now I do not have AMD Software installed and I don't know how to install it.
I am almost sure that it is caused by the first or the second updated item:
image.png

XperiAndri
Star II
I cannot post a link.
See Reddit theme "Rog flow x13 usb-c displayport problem" answer from "Butwhynotme".
My guess was correct.