Battery or AC: AC
Model: FX516PM
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Re-installed win10 again,
I use an external monitor (60Hz) i have a annoying randomly stuttering video and audio get distorted.
Bios 322

With latency mon i have ACPI.sys, storeport.sys, nvidia and vdf01000.sys DPC latency issue
This tuf it's the worst laptop i ever had in my life....
someone can help me, do you suggest to send to assistence or is unuseful?
26 REPLIES 26

flivolsi76
Star I
Update: i have got the issue also without external monitor

flivolsi76
Star I
I think the problem is related to the power plan misconfigured or similar
because when i am playing everything is perfect.
And when i play the plan switch automatically from Asus advised to High performance

flivolsi76
Star I
I used a screen capture video on my windows10 in order to capture the freezing/stuttering (specially audio)
and when it happened i stopped the video and tried to watch it.
The result is that the video was perfect without stuttering audio or audio distorted.
I was using also Quick Cpu and in the same time of the stuttering CPU chart is stable.

What do you think?

Pythius
Star III
It's about AMD fTPM. TPM 2.0 firmware in the cpu cause this. After the launch of Win 11, many more users suffer from this. Solution is disabling TPM from bios.
The unresolved stuttering issue from TUF A15 laptops also caused by this. There are many discussions about it.
If ASUS can't do anything about it, at least put TPM setting in bios if it's not there. (In TUF A15 this setting is hidden and TPM is on by default.)
How to reproduce?
Get a Windows 10 or Windows 11 pc (desktop or laptop) with an AMD Ryzen processor.
Enable TPM 2.0 from bios if it's not already.
Use it. 🙂
I want to put some links (youtube videos of stuttering, discussions about the problem etc.) but i'm level 1 member. Please take this problem seriously. It's real.

Pythius
Star III
flivolsi76

I used a screen capture video on my windows10 in order to capture the freezing/stuttering (specially audio)

and when it happened i stopped the video and tried to watch it.

The result is that the video was perfect without stuttering audio or audio distorted.

I was using also Quick Cpu and in the same time of the stuttering CPU chart is stable.

What do you think?

View post
It's because when stuttering occurs everything freezes, not only game or audio. Everything become slower, even the screen recording software. So it records slowly, but after the phenomenon was gone, you can watch the record without any stutter. It's the same reason we can't find anything wrong when we look at the event viewer. The cause of stuttering is beyond the OS. And the cause is fTPM.
If you record it with another device or publish your game online, you can see that it's there. I mean, it's relativity of Einstein.
Here is the record of it: watch?v=TYnRL-x6DVI