Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

Bezza
Star I
I have the same firmware version and the same problems. It is very annoying indeed. It is only the second router connected by the 5G backhaul that has these problems.

The firmware I am on - Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_45934 - has this problem and it is driving us NUTS. We cannot watch a movie without it dropping the connection.

For the price I paid for these - twin setup - I am bitterly disappointed.

ASUS support - have you acknowledged anywhere that this is a known issue and you're working on it? I can wait - but if not, do you want another call logged? Will that help?

I have turned the second router off this morning and hope that helps (but defeats the purpose of buying two XT8's).

qugz
Star I
I had a similar problem where I would be disconnected for around 10 seconds several times a day.
I managed to fix this by going into Advanced settings - Wireless - Professional and disabling Roaming assistant.

xt8suxs
Star II
G0GCD

Exactly the problem I reported on my dual XT8 setup. My query was closed without comment.

I am running 42095 without problems apart from being continuously 'nagged' to 'upgrade' my firmware - but I see no evidence that the issue has been resolved in any of the more recent versions.

Or am I wrong?

John

View post
Hi John,
Just to confirm, you downgraded to 42095 and it's not happening anymore? Just confirming before going ahead with downgrading to that version.
Thanks in

G0GCD
Star II
Just to confirm, yes 42095 has fixed the problem
I have disabled automatic updates. I haven't tried anything newer than 42095 yet but haven't seen any evidence that Asus have attended to this issue.
John