This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

deat997
Star II
@dron39
I have convinced them today to refund the purchase price. I hope this will happen soon. It is a pitty, because the phone had a good specification, and aside of some annoying ghost touches and everyday charging I was satisfied with it. Reliability is nevertheless very important for me, and a 7 month old phone should not break suddenly, irreparably.

landsome
Rising Star II
All major phone manufacturers have phones that suddenly "break". Go visit a Samsung or Huawei or Apple repairs shop. Your standards are your own, of course, but the worst place to go if you want to gauge the frequency of a problem is on forums, which are there precisely for people to discuss their problems. The happy masses rarely visit or complain.

kastis84
Star III
kzm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198468#Comment_198468

If you (like me) hate configuring everything from scratch, then you could vote for that issue: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55401/possibility-to-backup-all-system-settings-in-case-of-ze...

View post
Thx Mate, gonna ckeck it out in a minute 🙂

BTW, my polish Asus service center decided to replace my ZF8 due to lack of spare parts on the market. I have to say that despite my previous worries, they did act quite fast - first I got an email asking for a decision if I agree to replace the phone, and lateron I got the replaced device (sent from Czech regional service center) in less than 2 weeks, since I sent them the broken one.

deat997
Star II
andreescul

All major phone manufacturers have phones that suddenly "break". Go visit a Samsung or Huawei or Apple repairs shop. Your standards are your own, of course, but the worst place to go if you want to gauge the frequency of a problem is on forums, which are there precisely for people to discuss their problems. The happy masses rarely visit or complain.

View post
I was a happy owner of Samsung, Huawei and Apple phones in the past decade and half, and never had such an issue. My Samsung Galaxy II still works today. Maybe I was unlucky, as all the others on this thread. Do not get me wrong, ASUS dealt with the issue professionally, I sent them the broken device, they looked at it, saw it was irreparable and offered refund. Still loosing the phone, having to get a temporary replacement phone, setting it up made me to choose the refund instead of getting a new Zenfone 8.

dron39
Rising Star II
>>BTW, my polish Asus service center decided to replace my ZF8
Could you please share MFD date with us? Thanks.