System: ZENBOOK PRO DUO
Battery or AC: EITHER
Model: UX481f
Frequency of occurrence: ALL THE TIME, RARELY WORKS
Reset OS: WIN 11 / FROM 10
Screenshot or video: cant get in to it
========================
Detailed description:
I started experiencing an issue just after Christmas when the screen would not turn on but there would be a flicker on the lower screen, and the power light would be on and it warms up and you can hear fans cooling. Restarting it by holding power button for 10-12 seconds turned it off. then turning it on again it would not show the ASUS boot logo. Trying the other reset by holding the power button for 40 seconds, would not work either. It has done occasionally, and i have been able to work on it, but yesterday and today it would not start up at all.
I recently upgraded it to Windows 11, as the windows checking tool said it was ok to update, didn't think anything of it. And it worked fine for about 2 weeks. No updates that I recall.
Helpdesk advised i should try downgrading it, but that didn't work either. Managed to get it started yesterday, went to do a fresh install of win 10, but it failed twice, right at the last installation stage, about 20-30%. Thought i would uninstall Bitdefender security to see if that was stopping, but it wanted a restart, and guess what, not starting up. I must have tried to start the laptop at least 50 times today. Not a Asus logo in sight.
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
HI Neil,
Please kindly send the device to our service center for further examination and repair.
Thank you.

neilhewett76
Star I
this has been sent, quote received yesterday. it is going to cost me £1200 to repair the item, only 3 weeks over warranty period, not happy one bit🤬

ZT-d913d4ba
Star II
Probably you won't uninstall Bitdefender completely
Click Start, then look for the Bitdefender Security entry in the list.
2. Click to expand the Bitdefender Security folder
3. Right-click on the Bitdefender app, then select Uninstall. The Uninstall or change a program section from Control Panel will pop up.
4. Select the name of your Bitdefender security product (Bitdefender Total Security, Bitdefender Internet Security, or Bitdefender Antivirus Plus), then click the Uninstall button at the top of the list. 
5. If the User Account Control shows up, confirm the uninstallation by choosing Yes.
6. In the selection window choose Remove, to permanently uninstall Bitdefender from your computer.
7. Wait for the uninstall process to complete, then reboot your system.
If you already went through these steps then to avoid more issues it’s best to visit antivirusops website in that Bitdefender category and search for article How to Uninstall Bitdefender Completely From System