This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF GAMING A15 crash mtkwl6ex.sys cause BSOD dpc_watchdogs_violation

Wandy_wang
Star I
System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Battery or AC: both
Model: 2021 ASUS TUF GAMING A15 FA506QM
Frequency of occurrence: alot when connected
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video: no
========================
Detailed description:
Hello my name is wandy, can someone help me with this problem? this problem mostly happend when my daughter play Roblox. someone help me and said the WIFI drivers was the problem. I already using latest driver and still got freeze then BSOD , i already try using old version driver and still got this freeze then BSOD appeared. already doin checker like sfc scannow, and doing checking SSD error. and didnt got any troubled. it suddenly happend while my daughter play roblox, other online game activity, and sometimes when internet connect. Sometime wifi network is hidden, Also already reset network for make visible, but still got freeze and BSOD after that.

i was using

Device name LAPTOP-R4035MQI

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎4/‎20/‎2021

OS build 19044.1415

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

also GPU RTX3060 in Laptop

(GPU NVIDIA is Updated latest From GeForce Experience, and BIOS Updated latest by cheking from MyAsus)

WIFI driver already using V3.00.01.1207 (latest) but still BSOD, then try install old driver (from asus website) v3.0.1.1100 now and still got BSOD.

my WiFi is MediaTek Wi-Fi6 MT7921 Wireless LAN CARD

Updated any latest 21H2 from windows update. It was Windows Update KB5007289

Already uninstall that and back to the one before. Still got, someone said in windows community it was because incompability of wifi driver with the latest update, but i dont know which one cause that crash. And it happened just start from last week until now.

I could send PM minidump file zipped from yesterday crash if someone can help me with this problem? (Couldnt share link to the thread because just create account moment ago)
Minidump said mtkwl6ex.sys cause crash. Please help.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Wandy,
What is the BIOS version on the laptop?
Thank you.

Wandy_wang
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi Wandy,

What is the BIOS version on the laptop?

Thank you.

View post
Version 307 (it was also the latest version for my device when i check it on official asus website)

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Wandy,
Please kindly enter BIOS and load default setting again.
If it still happen with the same error code, please screenshot the BSOD error page,
and send the laptop to our service center.
Thank you.