Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Unable to install Windows 11 on Zenbook Duo - Error Code 0xC1900101

vanajvidyan
Star III
System: Windows 10.0.10944
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EA (i5, 8 GB)
Frequency of occurrence: Every installation attempt
========================
Detailed descriptionHi! I have an Asus Zenbook Duo (UX482E) running the latest Windows 10 version. The device is only a month old, and passes the PC Health Check for running Windows 11 on all parameters. I am not a heavy user and haven't tweaked much in the laptop either.
I tried updating to Windows 11 after downloading the Installation assist, and in the fourth stage of the update (where the screen gets all blue), the install keeps failing. Every time, the install fails at 59%, with Error Code 0xC1900101. After checking online forums, I performed a Clean boot and then tried the installation- which again failed at 59%. I also tried the system health restore via Command prompt, but no change. The Update troubleshooter does not detect a problem either. At this stage, I'm really out of clues what to do. I am not looking to tweak the BIOS- because I don't wanna get paranoid over getting the new OS.
Can someone please tell me what to do? If I install via USB, is there any chance my system would get bricked? Should I wait for the update to be officially rolled out to my device? Should I contact Asus or Microsoft, if at all? Any answers at this point would help- thank you so much!
24 REPLIES 24

Plexion
Star I
@Blake_ASUS How soon is soon? I have a zenbook duo 14 UX482-EAR running windows 10 21H2, My asus control system interface is the latest (3.0.21.0) and I am unable to update to windows 11. It downloads just fine but when it gets to installing it goes up to 89% then freezes and gives error 0xC1900101

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II

crsa91
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Please refer to below link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1047338/

Thank you.

View post
Dear Blake!
Did I misread the list, or should it be the solution for a Zephyrus G14 as well? If latter, than it did not work for me sadly. I have a higher version of the driver, and could not upgrade it. I tried with deleting and installing again, but it still ends with an error message: The version of ASUS System Control Interface driver of your machine cannot support some functions, click "ok" for more information. And after that this topic is linked on Asus site: Why can I only see the "Customer Support" feature only in myASUS app?
Thank you for your kind help!
Agnes

Plexion
Star I
Thank you! This fixed my issues

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
crsa91

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200823#Comment_200823

Dear Blake!

Did I misread the list, or should it be the solution for a Zephyrus G14 as well? If latter, than it did not work for me sadly. I have a higher version of the driver, and could not upgrade it. I tried with deleting and installing again, but it still ends with an error message: The version of ASUS System Control Interface driver of your machine cannot support some functions, click "ok" for more information. And after that this topic is linked on Asus site: Why can I only see the "Customer Support" feature only in myASUS app?

Thank you for your kind help!

Agnes

View post
Hi Agnes,
This is for every model that is using ASUS System control interface driver.
And for your model, you are using V3, right?
The issue was caused by V3.0.21.0, and the solution, which is the latest version of V3 is V3.0.22.0, is released in the FAQ.
I'm not sure why you have a version than the V3.0.22.0. Can you double check?
Have you uninstall My ASUS as well?
Please reboot the laptop after the uninstallation.
The new driver is released through Windows update as well, you can try to update them by this channel.
Thank you.