This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue After motherboard replacement

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
1.42ghz only throttling(x mode also) In Game play and stuttering issue,can't play smooth .Very worst performance plz fix in update.
screenshot-20220108-222207678.jpg

53 REPLIES 53

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200704#Comment_200704

This is because xmode sets to max frequency and then gets overridden by the govenor. It has always behaved like that.

View post
Yes, I forgot to mention that it is just a workaround for now until it gets fixed.

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200741#Comment_200741

You need to adjust the maximum temperature limit and other settings as well, not just the CPU clock speed to get the performance or it will start thermal throttling since the default temperature value is set to 2. I would not recommend increasing the maximum temperature limit too much if you do not have the cooler as the device will heat up very fast, try experimenting with the settings.

You can go to this website and read what each settings does if you want to try it, but its in chinese. You can use google translate to translate it to english.

View post
Share the website link and share your profile also

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi hp9976802431,
I have read the entire discussion here, I was testing the .210 firmware before release and the performance wasn't a issue. Whatever the ghz it is operating on you need to first check and confirm if you are getting a decent and steady FPs with a lag free gaming.
If the FPS and gaming is not stable and you phone has been recently serviced please share me your details under personal inbox.
I am gaming heavily on .210 - Need for speed no limits, Call of duty Mobile, BGMI, Asphalt 9. FPS is stable, game is stable and temps are a little around 43-44

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi hp9976802431,

I have read the entire discussion here, I was testing the .210 firmware before release and the performance wasn't a issue. Whatever the ghz it is operating on you need to first check and confirm if you are getting a decent and steady FPs with a lag free gaming.

If the FPS and gaming is not stable and you phone has been recently serviced please share me your details under personal inbox.

I am gaming heavily on .210 - Need for speed no limits, Call of duty Mobile, BGMI, Asphalt 9. FPS is stable, game is stable and temps are a little around 43-44

View post
If you have really read the entire discussion then I guess you already know that we are not getting the performance as we are suppose to.
The game feels laggy because the CPU is clocked at 1.42Ghz and not utilizing the full 2.84Ghz frequency no matter what the settings so we are getting less FPS in games when previously before replacing the motherboard, my CPU would clock at 2.84Ghz and 2.38Ghz with X-Mode ON.
I have tried with X-Mode ON, Advanced Settings with Thermal Limit, CPU, GPU and RAM Performance all set to High and the Game Tuning set to Level 3 in Game Scenario Profile but still the CPU would not reach 2.84Ghz or even the 2Ghz mark even when the temperature is around 33C and I am getting less FPS in games dropping as low as 25FPS.
The System Modes are bugged and all the Profiles X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are all clocking at the same 1.42Ghz speed.
Those games listed above are not a graphics intensive games and the phone is easily able to run them and I won't be able to notice if my phone is performing worse than before. Try Genshin Impact with the highest settings and I know that this is not same performance that I had experienced before replacing the motherboard.
A temporary workaround right now before you release an update to fix the performance is through Advanced Hardcore Tuning in Game Scenario Profiles. I was able to restore to my original performance with 2.84Ghz but now I have go to all the game profiles and do the same settings when previously all I had to do was turn on X-Mode and the CPU would clock at 2.84Ghz to 2.38Ghz and get the best performance.
Please forward the issue to the software/technical team. It is a firmware issue.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
hp9976802431

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200755#Comment_200755

Share the website link and share your profile also

View post
Sorry, I forgot to put the link lol. Uploading a video might take a while though because I am still experimenting with the settings but I'll upload the video soon.
It looks like I cannot post a link in the forum yet. So copy the link below and paste it on your browser and remove the spaces.
h ttps:// rogbbs-test.asus.com.cn /groups/1/posts/463