This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue After motherboard replacement

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
1.42ghz only throttling(x mode also) In Game play and stuttering issue,can't play smooth .Very worst performance plz fix in update.
screenshot-20220108-222207678.jpg

53 REPLIES 53

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200602#Comment_200602

CPU load alone doesn't throttle, however the problem is the fact that the sensors are dead on core 2-7. If you play games due to not being able to read the temps the CPU goes beserk as the system temp rises because the GPU is being used.

View post
These kind of situation me and more people affected.It is software related problem or hardware related? what can I do?

MinerQuarry
Star II
hp9976802431

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200603#Comment_200603

These kind of situation me and more people affected.It is software related problem or hardware related? what can I do?

View post
I think it's a software related issue. Because when is use Aida64 and Device Info HW the temperature readings for cpu 2-7 still showed up.

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
MinerQuarry

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200604#Comment_200604

I think it's a software related issue. Because when is use Aida64 and Device Info HW the temperature readings for cpu 2-7 still showed up.

View post
It's is a serious big issue.2-7 cores is only problem.Asus Rog software developer team what they doing?

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
It's the firmware and software issue and not a thermal paste issue.
There is a way to achieve the full 2.84Ghz through Advanced Hardcore Tuning through Game Profile Scenario but now you'll have to make a custom profile for all of the games if you want to get the full performance as intended.

screenshot-20220110-123035947.jpg
These performance profiles like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are no longer working, they are all clocking at the same CPU and GPU speeds now.
I had just tried Genshin Impact with the highest settings with the cooler on and a custom Advanced Hardcore Tuning Scenario Profile and I was able to achieve the full 2.84Ghz and my FPS increased a lot, and the system temperature also seems a few degrees cooler with 52C Max than my original motherboard which goes up to 56C even with the cooler on. The phone also does not feels as hot to touch as compared to my phone before replacing the motherboard.
My CPU and GPU temperature never went above 65C and the System temperature 52C while playing Genshin Impact when previously with the original motherboard the CPU and GPU temperature would go above 70+C. so it is not a thermal paste issue but the firmware issue.
When using the Advanced Hardcore Tuning in Game Profile Scenario the profile would not work even if I apply it. I have to open the game first and then lock the screen using the power button and then unlock and resume the game for the settings to work to achieve 2.84Ghz otherwise the CPU would downclock to 1.42Ghz as before. I had also tried the same method of locking the phone using the power button with with X-Mode but it doesn't seem to work. The System Modes found in Settings - Battery - System Modes that you see in Armoury Crate like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are also not working. So the System Modes and Armoury Crate are bugged as well.
And also one important thing to note. The CPU and GPU will always show the same temperature as shown in the picture because the GPU is integrated with the CPU, so if the CPU heats up the GPU will heat up as well, just ignore the sudden spike in CPU temperature when you first open Armoury Crate, wait for it to stabilize. Its the sensor trying to read.

MinerQuarry
Star II
Sarkiri

It's the firmware and software issue and not a thermal paste issue.

There is a way to achieve the full 2.84Ghz through Advanced Hardcore Tuning through Game Profile Scenario but now you'll have to make a custom profile for all of the games if you want to get the full performance as intended.

screenshot-20220110-123035947.jpg

These performance profiles like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are no longer working, they are all clocking at the same CPU and GPU speeds now.

I had just tried Genshin Impact with the highest settings with the cooler on and a custom Advanced Hardcore Tuning Scenario Profile and I was able to achieve the full 2.84Ghz and my FPS increased a lot, and the system temperature also seems a few degrees cooler with 52C Max than my original motherboard which goes up to 56C even with the cooler on. The phone also does not feels as hot to touch as compared to my phone before replacing the motherboard.

My CPU and GPU temperature never went above 65C and the System temperature 52C while playing Genshin Impact when previously with the original motherboard the CPU and GPU temperature would go above 70+C. so it is not a thermal paste issue but the firmware issue.

When using the Advanced Hardcore Tuning in Game Profile Scenario the profile would not work even if I apply it. I have to open the game first and then lock the screen using the power button and then unlock and resume the game for the settings to work to achieve 2.84Ghz otherwise the CPU would downclock to 1.42Ghz as before. I had also tried the same method of locking the phone using the power button with with X-Mode but it doesn't seem to work. The System Modes found in Settings - Battery - System Modes that you see in Armoury Crate like X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable and Advanced are also not working. So the System Modes and Armoury Crate are bugged as well.

And also one important thing to note. The CPU and GPU will always show the same temperature as shown in the picture because the GPU is integrated with the CPU, so if the CPU heats up the GPU will heat up as well, just ignore the sudden spike in CPU temperature when you first open Armoury Crate, wait for it to stabilize. Its then sensor trying to read.

View post
Can you share the scenario profile for achieving full 2.84 Ghz? I don't understand what the options meant inside the custom profile.