This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Ultimate CPU Downclock (Limited CPU Performance)

MinerQuarry
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBG Mobile, PUBG New State, Genshin Impact, Minecraft
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Asus ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Got The Wifi, Hotspot, And Bluetooth Not Turning On Problem And Got It's Motherboard Replaced. But After The Motherboard Got Replaced, It's CPU Got Limited Even When Playing With X Mode/X Mode+. The CPU Stays At 1.08 GHZ Constantly While Gaming. Especially In Genshin Impact I Can't Get 60fps Even For A Second. Before Getting My Motherboard Replaced My Phone Works Fine And Can Achieve Constant 60fps In Genshin. Is There Any Solutions Or Do I Need To Go To The Service Center Again? Thank You.
15 REPLIES 15

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Sarkiri

@ARP_ASUS Can we please get an update regarding the CPU downclocking issue? I am only getting half the performance of the advertised 2.84Ghz CPU now, clocking between 1.42Ghz and 1.79Ghz when previously my CPU clocks between 2.84Ghz and 2.34Ghz while gaming.

I was not able to test the .200 firmware version that came with the phone after replacing the motherboard as it downloaded the latest .210 firmware after connecting it to the internet but I read on other groups that the downclocking issue started with the latest .210 update.

This is a serious issue and should be put on priority to fix it.

You are advertising this phone as a gaming phone to rule all the other phones and yet here we are performing worse than the older snapdragon processors.

I hope the CPU downclocking is not intentional.

I am regretting it more and more buying this trash phone.

UPDATE: So I have done more tests today and the CPU downclocking is worse than I thought.

The CPU clock now gets locked at 1.42Ghz above 42C and jumps between 1.08Ghz and 1.42Ghz and never going above 1.42Ghz reducing the performance by half and my fps going as low as 25 FPS Which is performing worse than phones released in 2015 and 2016. This phone has become a joke.

View post
Several members face this trouble in recent times .It was a big issue,we frequently rised the question about this issue but the moderator and developer didn't give any solution I think they sleeping wake up mod ,Devs to listen this big issue @ARP_ASUS

MinerQuarry
Star II
So It's Actually A Software Related Issue Right? And Could Be Fixed With A System Update. I Don't Want To Bring My Phone To The Service Center Again Because For The Wifi Problem My Phone Got Returned After One Month. Is There Any Temporary Fix Or You Guys Just Bear With It?

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
I found an article about the same issue after the latest update from June 2021 and I just hope that the downclocking is not intentional and will be fixed with an update. I am getting terrible performance with the current update.
Its looks like I can't post any links yet so I am unable to provide the source of the article.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
You have this limitation that only when the temperature reaches 42 °, you are in luck then.
I just took it out of the box, I launched several gaming sessions, from the temperature of 30 ° to 41% the CPU does not take off from 1.42 GHz, this smartphone is just unusable now.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
MinerQuarry

So It's Actually A Software Related Issue Right? And Could Be Fixed With A System Update. I Don't Want To Bring My Phone To The Service Center Again Because For The Wifi Problem My Phone Got Returned After One Month. Is There Any Temporary Fix Or You Guys Just Bear With It?

View post
Yes, its the firmware issue. I had just posted a reply in the other thread. If you want to read, go to this link
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200704/#Comment_200704