Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Unable to install Windows 11 on Zenbook Duo - Error Code 0xC1900101

vanajvidyan
Star III
System: Windows 10.0.10944
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EA (i5, 8 GB)
Frequency of occurrence: Every installation attempt
========================
Detailed descriptionHi! I have an Asus Zenbook Duo (UX482E) running the latest Windows 10 version. The device is only a month old, and passes the PC Health Check for running Windows 11 on all parameters. I am not a heavy user and haven't tweaked much in the laptop either.
I tried updating to Windows 11 after downloading the Installation assist, and in the fourth stage of the update (where the screen gets all blue), the install keeps failing. Every time, the install fails at 59%, with Error Code 0xC1900101. After checking online forums, I performed a Clean boot and then tried the installation- which again failed at 59%. I also tried the system health restore via Command prompt, but no change. The Update troubleshooter does not detect a problem either. At this stage, I'm really out of clues what to do. I am not looking to tweak the BIOS- because I don't wanna get paranoid over getting the new OS.
Can someone please tell me what to do? If I install via USB, is there any chance my system would get bricked? Should I wait for the update to be officially rolled out to my device? Should I contact Asus or Microsoft, if at all? Any answers at this point would help- thank you so much!
24 REPLIES 24

antunesaa
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will report it to related department for more information.

But so far I have upgrade some models to Win11 by Windows update and Installation Assistant.

There is no issue at all. Both ScreenXpert and ASUS system control interface remain the same.

View post
Thanks. I'm encountering the same problem with my brand new Asus ZenBook UM425U.

antunesaa
Star I
Thierry LEBOURG

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199380#Comment_199380

I succes to update my ZenBook to Windows 11 with the following step:

• process a "sfc /scannow"
  • uninstall again le “ASUS System Control Interface” driver whitch was reinstall by sfc

View post
Hi Thierry. Could you be a bit more specific? What is "sfc /scannow"? Thanks, António

EDIT: Never mind; a fix on youtube solved it. Look for "Fix Can't Install Windows 11 Error 0xc1900101" by Aarohan TechSol.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Thierry LEBOURG

Hello,

My ZenBook Duo UX482EA-EVO-HY114T does not succes to update Windows 10 to Windows 11.  At 89% installation step, 0xc1900101 error occurs.

My antivirus is Defender and I try a Clean Boot.

All driver update has been done, but curiously « My Asus » always propose me to update « Intel Thunderbold driver » to version V1.41.1155.0 despites it was already updated.

Could you help me?

intel-thunderbold-driver.jpg

View post
Hi there,
Please don't worry about the Thunderbolt driver, there will be a new version released next week to solve the problem.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Would you mind to provide the information?
1.model name/ bios
2.ASUS system control interface driver version (should be 3.0.21.0?)
3.Win10 version before upgrading to Win11
4.how did you upgrade to Win11 (by Windows update, Installation Assistant., ISO, Clean install...)
If you have already replied above, I have recorded all of your answers.
Thank you so much.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
The new ASUS System Control Interface and MyASUS will be released on our website and through Windows update soon.
Please kindly update them for Win11 update issue.
Thank you.