This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys,do me a favor and never buy Asus Phones.

Idk
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

13 REPLIES 13

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Idk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198470#Comment_198470

Well,the reason is that all of the rog phones die after some time,the motherboard goes bye bye,the service team doesnt really care about getting the product 100% fixed,0 customer support and now my charger is not working.Why would I ever buy this phone again when the quality is 0 for the price that it asks?

View post
not quite true, the original rog (while build quality is very meh) and the Rog3 are quite stable and generally don't die on their own. Only the Rog2 and Rog5 are the ones that die on you even if you're careful with the phones.
That being said I warned people about the Rog5 but they would all brush me off as a hater and purchased the Rog5 anyways. Asus did some changes rather quickly on their new motherboard revisions so they do care, however I believe that the Rog5 is beyond saving at this point, it was just to rushed.
ASUS is a company that does this kind of thing in every single segment, they try new things, screw up and try to fix it afterwards, if they can't, they move on. ASUS has some of the crappiest proudcts I've seen in a very long time but at the same time they also have the most magnificent products. ASUS is known for having the literal worst X99 motherboard on the planet but are also known for the absolute magnificant technology work of ASUS Dominus W3175X, they are known for the crappiest strix overheating notebooks, but at the same time are known for the magnificent ASUS studio book and ROG Mothership.
ASUS does learn, the Rog5 was a disaster, they rushed it and wanted to be the first SD 888 phone due to having the title of the "fastest phone". This is also why I'm personally very excited about the Rog6, as ASUS did not rush this time, they're taking their sweet time, first SD 8 gen1 phones already out and we haven't heard anything from ASUS yet, which indicates ASUS does focus on quality control. I assume they learned a lot working together with qualcom making the ASUS SI. If the Rog6 is anything like the ASUS SI, then were in for a treat, potentially phone of the year.

k_huat
Rising Star II
Maybe Lenovo? Any comment or suggestion pls?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
k_huat

Maybe Lenovo? Any comment or suggestion pls?

View post
OnePlus 9 pro good phones

k_huat
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200506#Comment_200506

OnePlus 9 pro good phones

View post
👍
I don't take photo n playing games at all. I use my phone only for some browsing n WhatsApp, that's why I choose to optimize the spec with the price, n now listening to music bcoz it's an amazing sound quality of rog5.
I like the rog5 build quality also but not the software, n worst is after sales support. I tried emailed to Asus but I got only general n standard answer for my issue n then ask me to send my phone to service center (no one willing to send their phone n get their case open), but my issue get solved with the help of other user (not Asus support), without sending to service center. N another worst experience is the zentalk support from Asus, they can hide n not responding, it's a half hearted attitude from Asus attending customer issue.
I assume all brand n phone comes with issue, all I'm looking now is a supportive n responsive after sales support for my next phone. I saw Lenovo been very responsive n supportive even reply to their customers issues thru YouTube comments, n I'll keep my rog5 as a MP3 player.
Try soundcore after sales support n u will never be disappointed, I bought a pair of earbuds recently n the online support is fantastic, I would rate 300% satisfaction for soundcore support n quality (only a earbud but they really care how customer feel 👍🏻)