cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB-C display output on ROG Flow X13 GV301QE

RaddedMC
Star III
Hi all,
I've been having issues getting USB-C displays to work on my Flow X13 running Windows 11. I've tried a variety of docks/adapters, restarting my laptop, resetting my BIOS, messing around with drivers, nearly everything I can think of short of a factory reset.
Occasionally, I can get an image to show up on my monitor if I fully turn off the laptop (not just restart, but literally 'shut down' and then turn it back on again) but if I unplug and replug the type-c adapter into the same port, I will once again get no image.
Does anyone know of a solution?
76 REPLIES 76

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @paulang & @zarex360 ,
Can you please provide more description and tried the steps mentioned in the previous discussion?
And please provide product SN in the PM I send you.
Thank you.

paulang
Star I
HI Blake,

When I first got my x13 flow
I connect it to my benq EW327u display with type-c to type-c (USB 3.1 High speed cable) and I was able to see it can display without problem
then I updated to windows 11 and the requires shutdown, i also disconnect the cables as I was moving around
after that when I done updating and reconnect all cable, the display is not working
some time after complete shutdown and wait for few hours then i turn on the laptop, type-c display could work, but after I connect the PD charging via another type-c port then the display is not working anymore
i tried both type-c port, they have the same problem
I already have my windows 11 updates completed, there is no further update now
i did not use any usb-c hub here

RaddedMC
Star III
I decided to revisit this thread after having issues with my hdmi port and usb-c out,, using a different monitor than before (dell p2714t) since i still haven't able to get back to my apartment ~~ i updated drivers through AMD and still no dice.
image.png
RMAing this laptop is not possible as I need it for university. The fact that this works occasionally for myself and the numerous others on this thread implies that there is some underlying software issue in the flow x13,, not a hardware issue.
@Blake_ASUS please try to work this out with whatever software developer resources you have access to as this is clearly a more widespread problem and just asking people for their serial numbers and the model of their monitors every time they have this issue is clearly not helping anyone.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both,
Thank you for sharing the information. I have recorded and reported them.
However, we are not able to reproduce any of the scenario, that's why we are hoping to get the device and test it directly in the service center.
I will keep you all posted.

jp1
Star I
I am experiencing the same issue (using a type c to HDMI connector). I have read some forum posts on reddit stating that going into tablet mode seem to trigger this issue (I have yet to successfully test this myself since the usb-c display out doens't work either way). Have you tested this? @Blake_ASUS
For reference,
my model number is GV301QE
AMD driver version: 21.30.02.01-210805a-370611C-Asus
AMD Software version: 10.21.30024.0
NVIDIA driver version: 496.49
Windows 11 version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000