ROG Phone 3 Wifi Issue

joeldcosta799
Star I
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 3-5 mins
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Ever since the latest firmware update, the wifi keeps disconnecting at regular intervals. Also the 5 GHz network is not able to connect at all. Every time I am playing a game online , I have to go to the wifi screen so as to reconnect it again. I tried to reset the wifi bluetooth settings but it was not resolved. Called the Asus Malaysia hotline and was asked to factory reset my phone (which still didn't work) else I had to go to the service centre and spend money to get it fixed. Didn't understand the logic : you release a firmware update that creates an issue with my phone and I am supposed to spend money to get it fixed??
I don't face this issue with my laptops and Poco F1 phone (which btw is 3 years old). I am able to connect to the 5 GHz network too.
I also tried using the mobile hotspot but facing the same disconnecting issue.

Is anyone facing the same issue as me?
If you have resolved it, then please let me know...
Thanks & Regards,
Joel
3 REPLIES 3

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi joeldcosta799,
Can you confirm your country?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
joeldcosta799
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 3-5 mins
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Ever since the latest firmware update, the wifi keeps disconnecting at regular intervals. Also the 5 GHz network is not able to connect at all. Every time I am playing a game online , I have to go to the wifi screen so as to reconnect it again. I tried to reset the wifi bluetooth settings but it was not resolved. Called the Asus Malaysia hotline and was asked to factory reset my phone (which still didn't work) else I had to go to the service centre and spend money to get it fixed. Didn't understand the logic : you release a firmware update that creates an issue with my phone and I am supposed to spend money to get it fixed??

I don't face this issue with my laptops and Poco F1 phone (which btw is 3 years old). I am able to connect to the 5 GHz network too.

I also tried using the mobile hotspot but facing the same disconnecting issue.

Is anyone facing the same issue as me?

If you have resolved it, then please let me know...

Thanks & Regards,

Joel

ROG Phone 3 Wifi Issue
Yes this was a bug introduced in the .182 update.

famweitat
Star II
My ROG phone 3 is having this wifi issue since firmware ww_18.0410.2108.158 update. The phone is already out of warranty but I do agree that Asus has introduced this wifi issue and we as a consumer is the one that needs to pay for the cost of repair. Already move on with other customer-centric phones. This issue happened since last year and ASUS still has no solution.