System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello Admin
I need some help. Yesterday I bought a new WD Blue SN500 250GB m.2 NVMe SSD from a local vendor. After installing on my dell laptop I see that the ssd already has Asus windows installed. So I suspect that I have found a used ssd of some asus system and when I go to the product registration of wd, the serial number not found shows.
Is there any way to find out the ssd I got was already installed in some asus system and vendor has sold me that separately
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
We can only be sure we don't sell spare part and the SSDs that we used in our service center and factory are not for retail.
You should go back to the vendor the ask for more information or change one.
Or you can simply wipe everything and install your own OS, then continue to use it.
Thank you.

Abhishake
Star I
Thanks for the suggestion but I want to say that if any SSD has come from ASUS factory after fixing it on a laptop or desktop, then can retailers separate it from the system and sell it further?
And I also want to know that the warranty period is available only from the company's side on the parts that the company uses. So is there any way to check the warranty from the serial number and tell the retailer that the device is used?
Thanks & Regards.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
No, our SSD does not go to retail channel.
So this is not a official channel and therefore no warranty about it.
Thank you.