Star II
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:In Firefox when I press keys 9-0 and OPL the Thunderbird when writing it goes into a frenzy of refreshing the screen I press Fn + Esc and it stops for a few seconds then starts refreshing again. In Thunderbird when browsing a site it logs me out and goes to the picture screen I log back in and it repeats. Has anyone else had this problem? If I use a remote keyboard Firefox crashes but the key problem is not there. My computer is 4 months old. Any advice would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

forresterdb
Star II
I think its sorted. I went to web site en,key-test.ru and used the screen key board with Windows narrator. It showed when I pressed some of the top qwerty row of keys it sometimes lit some F keys also some of the F keys did not quite work as they should even showing some keys working without me touching them
Very impressed with en,key-test.ru coupled with narrator they could solve many key board problems.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
So if you try other program and APP the laptop is working fine?
What is your BIOS and OS version? And your laptop is UX325JA or UX325EA?
Thank you.

forresterdb
Star II
Hi
Everything works great in Chrome and I installed outlook and that works ok. I have been using Firefox and and Thunderbird for many years and find them so much 'cleaner' (uncluttered) than Chrome or Outlook.
I used Windows Narrator and on Thunderbird when I press the 9-0 o p i l keys Narrator says it is using them as shortcut keys to edit message body and other things.
I have the UX325JA laptop.
OS = Device name DESKTOP-2DUG7KG
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz  1.19 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID BB5DF0CF-5394-45BA-8CC3-E77CF84ECDFF
Product ID 00325-81935-20021-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎12/‎08/‎2021
OS build 19043.1415
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
BIOS = Latest Asus bios update 309

forresterdb
Star II
Beingh a Luddite I also use classic shell which upon Googling is a no no with the latest windows 10, I wonder if this may be the issue??

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Could be, not sure what is conflicting with one another.
Does the issue happen since the very beginning? or after certain update and modificaiton?
Thank you.