This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is Zenfone 8 wifi router compatibility list?

janarosta
Star III
Hi Asus,
I've been debuging my zenfone 8 wifi issue for weeks now. And I came into conclusion that it now fail to connect with stable connection to router with Wifi5 (802.11ac) mode. The phone will have random reboot, or loss wifi connection and fail to connect again to any wifi until the phone is reboot again.
After reboot, the symptom repeat again and the cycle continue endlessly. I have confirm my house routers never had any firmware update recently. So that isolate the issue goes to the phone itself
Currently i was on Version WW-30.12.112.72 firmware and still seeing the issue. this issue has been haunted me since the previous 2 firmware before this and limit my internet speed due to i cannot connect to the 802.11ac mode. Beside, the random reboot is depressing.
I appreciate if you can shed some light what was done on the last 3 firmwares about wifi protocol. Currently I'm testing it with 802.11n protocol after changing the allowed mode in my router (limit to 802.11n protocol only). So far, i dont discover a random reboot and wifi disconnecting like the above.
in Summary my questions
1) where i can get the router compatibility list
2) Is there any planned fix for this issue I highlighting through firmware update to support more routers
6 REPLIES 6

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @janarosta ,
Regarding your wifi connectivity issue, please contact a local ASUS service center at your earliest convenience as your device likely needs to be repaired.
I'll send you a PM here on Zentalk as well with some follow-up questions about your device.
Check your inbox for a PM from me.

javieralreves
Star III
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @janarosta ,

Regarding your wifi connectivity issue, please contact a local ASUS service center at your earliest convenience as your device likely needs to be repaired.

I'll send you a PM here on Zentalk as well with some follow-up questions about your device.

Check your inbox for a PM from me.

View post
I'm having the same issue but I don't have any "local ASUS service" nearby, what can I do?

janarosta
Star III
javieralreves

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199865#Comment_199865

I'm having the same issue but I don't have any "local ASUS service" nearby, what can I do?

View post
Hi, even I had concluded wifi router and mode play their part on my random reboot issue, it just a work around and it make the issue less severe. Less random reboot if follow my tip above. For permanent, we have to change the whole board in Asus service center. I just did mine and everything work like before. I can connect to wifi5 mode now.

javieralreves
Star III
janarosta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199992#Comment_199992

Hi, even I had concluded wifi router and mode play their part on my random reboot issue, it just a work around and it make the issue less severe. Less random reboot if follow my tip above. For permanent, we have to change the whole board in Asus service center. I just did mine and everything work like before. I can connect to wifi5 mode now.

View post
What tip do you mean?