zerojin14
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: WW 18.0840.2112.210-1.1.101
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time, been like that for months
========================================
I still have a problem getting a signal. Means I have no service at all, even when I'm in city or next to cell tower.
Been having this issue for months after a firmware upgrade and been waiting for a fix.. but nothing yet.
I tried factory reset the phone a few times, but the problem is still there.
I even switched phone company because it might have been them, but the problem is still there.
If I have no signal or a bad connection, I just reboot the device and suddenly have full bars 🤔 even though I'm standing the same spot. After awhile the problem comes back and I probably have to reboot the device again.
I wrote about this problem before last year, however I never got any support.
It has come to this point, that I'm considering a new phone 🤳 what if it was an emergency and I couldn't call for help?
11 REPLIES 11

soulreaper0666
Rising Star II
zerojin14

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW 18.0840.2112.210-1.1.101
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time, been like that for months

========================================

I still have a problem getting a signal. Means I have no service at all, even when I'm in city or next to cell tower.

Been having this issue for months after a firmware upgrade and been waiting for a fix.. but nothing yet.

I tried factory reset the phone a few times, but the problem is still there.

I even switched phone company because it might have been them, but the problem is still there.

If I have no signal or a bad connection, I just reboot the device and suddenly have full bars 🤔 even though I'm standing the same spot. After awhile the problem comes back and I probably have to reboot the device again.

I wrote about this problem before last year, however I never got any support.

It has come to this point, that I'm considering a new phone 🤳 what if it was an emergency and I couldn't call for help?

📢📢Still having problems mobile signal📴🕯️[01/04/22]
Try resetting network and wifi setting only option in reset phone setting. It worked for me.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
soulreaper0666

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56786/still-having-problems-mobile-signal-%EF%B8%8F-01-04-22

Try resetting network and wifi setting only option in reset phone setting. It worked for me.

View post
Did you even read the post? The OT said they already tried it.
------------------
I guess unless you want to check if all cables are connected correctly the only real option is to visit a service center. It might really be hardware related in some way. Maybe a connector isn't attached correctly and loses the signal some time after restart

zerojin14
Rising Star I
soulreaper0666

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56786/still-having-problems-mobile-signal-%EF%B8%8F-01-04-22

View post
I have tried that a few times, but it doesn't fix it sadly

zerojin14
Rising Star I
ZT-6ba223c6

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199924#Comment_199924

Did you even read the post? The OT said they already tried it.

------------------

I guess unless you want to check if all cables are connected correctly the only real option is to visit a service center. It might really be hardware related in some way. Maybe a connector isn't attached correctly and loses the signal some time after restart

View post
That's a possibility, that it might be lose.
However it got worse after an update, I'm pretty sure it's software