This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?

penguinsquad
Star II
Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.
Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner
36 REPLIES 36

Android
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

If we do get VoLTE with some carrier, then it will work after FOTA but band 71 will probably never be a reality for ROG Phone II

View post
That's fine, I'm more concerned about VoLTE than I am with Band 71. Here's hoping that VoLTE will eventually be available for T-Mobile in an update.

penguinsquad
Star II
This phone is DOA in the US without VoLTE support. AT&T will be killing off 3G next year meaning Non VoLTE phones may no longer work, Tmobile will also be killing some of their network to increase LTE meaning it will be harder or even impossible to make calls in a building.

VoLTE needs to be added (its already on the phone just write T-Mobile and AT&T a check and get it certified) if not you are either going to have a lot of returns or a lot of bad reviews.

PANSELUTA
Star II
I am sorry for you but they don't care about bad reviews. People should look here before they plan to buy asus.
It is sad, I got rid of rog 1 and done with asus but still upset about this. I like oneplus better. I enabled volte easy and have no problems. My provider does not support oneplus specifically but it works.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We're aware that 3G will go away with some carriers which do of course put more pressure on us to support their VoLTE but also puts pressure on those carriers to open up to more manufacturers. If they don't, then they will lose customers.

eddyrocksband
Star III
Asus needs to make more ads related to it's smartphones in USA. Huawei made ads on the US radio with catchy short songs when it tried to enter the US market (but failed). Almost nobody knows that Asus makes mobile smartphones in the US. I showed people the Zenfone 6 and people were impressed by the flip camera design. When they asked me what phone it was, they were blown away that it was an Asus phone. They thought that Asus only made desktops, motherboards, laptops. When my friends realized that I don't have WiFi-Calling/ VOLTE calling w/ T mobile, they were disappointed, and they're reluctant to buy the Asus phone because they heavily rely on WiFi-calling in buildings.