System: Microsoft Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit 10.0.19043
Battery or AC: both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX582LR 303
Frequency of occurrence: 5-10 times a day
Reset OS: Yes, two times but nothing changed
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
If I leave the laptop turned on even with the desktop open, or with word or a TXT file open (no matter what), the laptop freezes and a hard reset with the power button is required to restart it
Everything works fine if you are working with video compressions, playing games or using the laptop at "full load".
I have installed Windows 10 Pro two times on the internal SSD but the problem is the same, laptop freezes randomly when working at low load.
I also installed Windows 10 Pro on an external SSD to check that the Internal SSD the problem is the same, laptop freezes randomly when working at low load.
I tried to change the fan mode preferences from "standard" to "Performance" but the problem is the same, laptop freezes randomly when working at low load.
Bios is up-to-date at : 303 Version
Windows s iup-to-date at : 10.0.19043
Everything is up-to date
In this way it is impossible to work because it is not reliable.
At the time of writing this post, the laptop crashed and I had to rewrite everything.
I guess I will have to send it in for service but I have read many posts of people who have the same problem with the previous UX581 and UX481 series as well and I don't have much hope that the problem can be solved easily.
Any suggestions will be welcome!
reliability-monitor-asus-zenbook-pro-ux582lr.png
Bye, Max
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Max,
May I have the driver version of your Intel Graphic card?
And if you run all of your program with the Nvidia card, does it stop freezing?
Thank you.

ZT-4f34496c
Star II
As I said, the PC is updated with any software, driver, OS available on 28 December 2021 including Intel Graphics driver (I don't remember the version because I sent ZenBook to Asus service).
Zenbook works correctly using programs that harness full power such as video compressions and games. In this case it never stopped.
Zenbook "freezes" only when it is unloaded, simply leaving the desktop open, or browsing the WEB or writing a TXT file. Sometimes it "freezes" even sending it to sleep and when restarting it does not start anymore.
After months of problems, windows reinstallations and hundreds of tests, I sent ZenBook to Asus assistance because I find it absurd that a computer of this kind, with the price it has, can give all these problems. It is inconceivable for the end user to have to run months of testing to prove a problem like this.
And I say this knowingly since for over 20 years I have only purchased ASUS products (motherboards, video cards, monitors and smartphones).
Now I will have to stay another 15/20 days without a computer in the hope that the problem will be solved forever by the assistance center.
This time I am very disappointed.😤

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Max,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And let me know if you need anything.
Thank you.

prototype1981
Star I
ZT-4f34496c

As I said, the PC is updated with any software, driver, OS available on 28 December 2021 including Intel Graphics driver (I don't remember the version because I sent ZenBook to Asus service).

Zenbook works correctly using programs that harness full power such as video compressions and games. In this case it never stopped.

Zenbook "freezes" only when it is unloaded, simply leaving the desktop open, or browsing the WEB or writing a TXT file. Sometimes it "freezes" even sending it to sleep and when restarting it does not start anymore.

After months of problems, windows reinstallations and hundreds of tests, I sent ZenBook to Asus assistance because I find it absurd that a computer of this kind, with the price it has, can give all these problems. It is inconceivable for the end user to have to run months of testing to prove a problem like this.

And I say this knowingly since for over 20 years I have only purchased ASUS products (motherboards, video cards, monitors and smartphones).

Now I will have to stay another 15/20 days without a computer in the hope that the problem will be solved forever by the assistance center.

This time I am very disappointed.😤

View post
Which country are you in? If in the UK, you are entitled to a replacement or refund after one failed repair attempt.