cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

marecekdavid7
Star I
mechme75

Má už někdo android 12 v České republice? Asus Zenfone 8

View post
Not yet. Still waiting

Егор2709
Star I

Всем привет! Поздравляю всех с Новым годом !!!
Мне тоже ещё не пришло обновление до 12 андроида. Значит ещё не все ошибки устранили.

qashqaimax
Star I
Hey, will I get android 12 stable OTA update when I'm on Android 12 beta (31.0803.0403.54) or do I need to downgrade to ANDROID 11/update to stable version manually?

hrubpavel
Star I

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
linggasy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199665#Comment_199665

Bios update and firmware update on phone technically the same with different result. I'm a PC builder myself but in term of OS update on smartphone I'll wait patiently for OTA. When you brick your motherboard due to manual BIOS update and failed to downgrade it at all (very rare case), you just damage your mobo internally and doesn't harm other components so you can just replace the mobo easily. For phone, if you brick it when updating the firmware manually and failed when you tried downgrading it, basically you're screwed and have to ask Asus to repair your phone because all of the components attached/soldered to the mobo permanently and your personal data might be compromised. But when they know you're updating the firmware manually, be prepared with valid reasons and arguments. At least with OTA, basically Asus itselves brick your phone and not by our doings. But if you are self aware of it then go for it because that's what Android to be made, right? The flexibility. But for me, I don't wanna mess with my phone unless in a couple of months later there's something wrong with it. Long story short, go wild with PC building and overclocking but go veeeeeeery very careful with phone modding or whatever you wanna call.

View post
Updating your firmware provided by your manufacturer from their servers and respecting all the steps and other info isn't modding. It's absolutly normal practice. It's not like using some custom software or else.