This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

janarosta
Star III
javieralreves

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199590#Comment_199590

I'm waiting for the update to arrive via OTA to my phone. I hope it does fix something.

Also I wrote the customer service and the answer were things like "restart your router" or "check settings of the phone". They didn't even understand the issue.

View post
i have isolating our problem and open fresh post here
janarosta

Hi Asus,

I've been debuging my zenfone 8 wifi issue for weeks now. And I came into conclusion that it now fail to connect with stable connection to router with Wifi5 (802.11ac) mode. The phone will have random reboot, or loss wifi connection and fail to connect again to any wifi until the phone is reboot again.

After reboot, the symptom repeat again and the cycle continue endlessly. I have confirm my house routers never had any firmware update recently. So that isolate the issue goes to the phone itself

Currently i was on Version WW-30.12.112.72 firmware and still seeing the issue. this issue has been haunted me since the previous 2 firmware before this and limit my internet speed due to i cannot connect to the 802.11ac mode. Beside, the random reboot is depressing.

I appreciate if you can shed some light what was done on the last 3 firmwares about wifi protocol. Currently I'm testing it with 802.11n protocol after changing the allowed mode in my router (limit to 802.11n protocol only). So far, i dont discover a random reboot and wifi disconnecting like the above.

in Summary my questions

1) where i can get the router compatibility list

2) Is there any planned fix for this issue I highlighting through firmware update to support more routers

what is Zenfone 8 wifi router compatibility list?
I hope Asus team can ratify about router compatibility issue. I'm still testing but things will get easier if Asus technical team can chime in and confirming my finding 🙃

RotterDamiIm
Star I
janarosta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199058#Comment_199058

where are you from?

View post
Philippines. Other repair centers were able to fix it in just one month.

RotterDamiIm
Star I
mr_deens

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199058#Comment_199058

Look like once we sent out phone to Asus Center we need to buy new phone as backup or become main phone. Didn't you try contacting them about this issue or they just ignore you?

View post
They said that there is nothing I could do and that I should accept the slow service.

ratts5
Star I
Based on this thread, I'm cancelling my order.

mr_deens
Rising Star I
ratts5

Based on this thread, I'm cancelling my order.

View post
I you haven't bought it yet and not looking for full spec small form factor phone. Then you should go for other phone.