Did you mean: 

Mic from headphones doesn't work

GeoGC
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: WW.17.0240.2108.103_0
Rooted or not: Not
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I tried using my bluetooth headphones that I bought, but I noticed that during the call, the others couldn't hear me. So I tried to test if headphones work fine and I opened the 'Record voice" app while having headphones connected. I saw that there was no sound. I tried other headphones (wired and bluetooth ones that work perfectly fine on my laptop and my old Samsung Note 4) and I noticed they work totally fine.
Is there something I can do to fix the 'no mic voice' with the headphones on my ROG 2?
8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
GeoGC

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW.17.0240.2108.103_0
  3. Rooted or not: Not

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I tried using my bluetooth headphones that I bought, but I noticed that during the call, the others couldn't hear me. So I tried to test if headphones work fine and I opened the 'Record voice" app while having headphones connected. I saw that there was no sound. I tried other headphones (wired and bluetooth ones that work perfectly fine on my laptop and my old Samsung Note 4) and I noticed they work totally fine.

Is there something I can do to fix the 'no mic voice' with the headphones on my ROG 2?

Mic from headphones doesn't work
Have you given Bluetooth device access to phone calls?
screenshot-20211230-154036791-281-29.jpg
Have you tried ringing yourself to see if you get the same issue too?

GeoGC
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56653/mic-from-headphones-doesnt-work

Have you given Bluetooth device access to phone calls?

screenshot-20211230-154036791-281-29.jpg

Have you tried ringing yourself to see if you get the same issue too?

View post
Yeah I have given all these permissions. But yeah, both wired and bluetooth mics dont work on my ROG 2 but they work on my other android phone. I did ring myself too, still couldn't hear anything. I don't know what to do. I will try to update from Android 10 to 11 later on and see if it somehow gets fixed.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
GeoGC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199501#Comment_199501

Yeah I have given all these permissions. But yeah, both wired and bluetooth mics dont work on my ROG 2 but they work on my other android phone. I did ring myself too, still couldn't hear anything. I don't know what to do. I will try to update from Android 10 to 11 later on and see if it somehow gets fixed.

View post
Sounds good to me - it's probably worth considering performing factory reset at least once with a major upgrade just to iron out the small bugs that's lying around.

GeoGC
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199510#Comment_199510

Sounds good to me - it's probably worth considering performing factory reset at least once with a major upgrade just to iron out the small bugs that's lying around.

View post
Damn still didn't worked, even with factory reset>upgrade to 11, nothing changed with the mic problems I had. I even saw a guide on youtube that I had to clear Bluetooth+Wifi settings and clear data in apps>bluetooth to reset all that completely, but I still have the same issue. So confused why external mics from headphones don't work on my ROG but they do on my other android devices...