This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

atoia68
Rising Star I
Android 12
For Zenfone 8 the major update comes with build 31.1004.0404.73
God bless us

izani
Rising Star I
atoia68

Android 12

For Zenfone 8 the major update comes with build 31.1004.0404.73

God bless us

View post
Hopefully it comes with minimal issue. 🤲

javieralreves
Star III
Hello!
My ZF8 is not bricked (yet xD), but it does turn off by itself and when I turn it back on the Wi-Fi cannot be connected. I mean, not the Wi-Fi from my router, the whole Wi-Fi connection. The button in the quick settings menu keeps grey and trying to connect it on the settings app does nothing. The only solution I've found is turning off and on until the Wi-Fi connection works.
I want to ask if any of your phones did something weird before bricking. I've searched about this issue for a few days and everything I've found says that it's a hardware issue. It also happens with HotSpot, so I think it must be a physical problem with the antennas.
I've found people with this issue on the Rog Phone 5 too.
I'm sad that all of this happens because it is a really good phone, shame on you Asus.
Btw, my MFD is 2021.05 and I've been using it for roughly 6 months now.
Greetings from Spain and happy holidays to everyone.
TL;DR: Did any of your Zenfone 8 do anything weird like restarting on its own before getting the ramdump issue?

janarosta
Star III
javieralreves

Hello!

My ZF8 is not bricked (yet xD), but it does turn off by itself and when I turn it back on the Wi-Fi cannot be connected. I mean, not the Wi-Fi from my router, the whole Wi-Fi connection. The button in the quick settings menu keeps grey and trying to connect it on the settings app does nothing. The only solution I've found is turning off and on until the Wi-Fi connection works.

I want to ask if any of your phones did something weird before bricking. I've searched about this issue for a few days and everything I've found says that it's a hardware issue. It also happens with HotSpot, so I think it must be a physical problem with the antennas.

I've found people with this issue on the Rog Phone 5 too.

I'm sad that all of this happens because it is a really good phone, shame on you Asus.

Btw, my MFD is 2021.05 and I've been using it for roughly 6 months now.

Greetings from Spain and happy holidays to everyone.

TL;DR: Did any of your Zenfone 8 do anything weird like restarting on its own before getting the ramdump issue?

View post
I have the exact problem that you describe. Exactly the 6th month after I purchase it behave like that. I was hopping android 12 solve this issue. Have you try update to android 12?

javieralreves
Star III
janarosta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/199547#Comment_199547

I have the exact problem that you describe. Exactly the 6th month after I purchase it behave like that. I was hopping android 12 solve this issue. Have you try update to android 12?

View post
I'm waiting for the update to arrive via OTA to my phone. I hope it does fix something.
Also I wrote the customer service and the answer were things like "restart your router" or "check settings of the phone". They didn't even understand the issue.