This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess!

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
I bought the 30th anniversary edition and I had to change it because the GPS has a 20-meter displacement of reality. The new phone presents the same problem, but ASUS Spain says that it does not know this problem.
MH8QHWC3JPGJ.jpg
Is it possible to fix the problem or do I return the phone?
82 REPLIES 82

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
And for the problem of the lack of cancellation of sounds during the call?

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
cobben

I have an Expedition 30, it has worked fine with Google Maps.

Now I compared GPS with my old Xiaomi Mix1, using the app GPSstatus.

The Z6 sees twice as many satellites (40) and gets twice as many fixes (20) as the Mix1, and shows "Error" of ~ 5 meters where the Mix1 shows ~ 10.

You could run this app and see what you get to compare.

With the app you can force refresh GPS data.

View post
GPS test is the application I used for the first image, in which you can see a displacement of more than 20 meters from the real location.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Very weird. What about when you're walking around? Can you record your trip with an app called Geo Tracker to see if it flies away?

View post
I have recorded a route of about 7 kilometers. In what format do I upload it?

Saran
Rising Star II
I also have a problem with the GPS, it shows I'm traveling on a road which I'm not. It shows I'm driving on a different road even though I'm on the correct one. Also upto 30 metres inaccuracy. Created a lot of confusion for me while finding a direction. You can see it shows the location of me on the one way.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
After contacting Asus Spain, they don't scale the case because I decided to return the Zenfone. Is it normal for a customer to ask for a change, and then have to ask for a return, and for problems not to be investigated? It is unfortunate!
They have a serious problem with the attention of ASUS Spain, they have no interest in offering good attention, or detecting problems in their products to be solved. From ASUS Global they should take measures to solve this situation.
Today they come to take Zenfone without having investigated the case by ASUS Spain.