cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

dron39
Rising Star II
Still no VoLTE support from Megafon (RU). Very sad...

mar7cin
Star III
Asus produces phones with top-class components, but cannot make wifi calling work properly on the phone. it's sad.

Vinz_uk80
Star II
VoLTE and VoWifi do both work fine on my ZF8.
I'm in France on RED by SFR network.

Sometimes Vowifi disconnects (rare) and to re'enable it, I just have to reactivate it in the network parameters, call via Wifi and it's OK again.
This is usefull at my parent's house, where the network is pretty bad (thick walls) and Wifi is great thanks to 1Gb optic fiber.

Chris1
Rising Star II
I have no doubt upon VoLTE on SFR and Bouygues in France.
Orange seems quite demanding on VoLTE, their list of approved phones is quite short...

ibo13700
Star II
I have this issue now with Orange in France with my ZF8 and it is not new. Back then when I purchased the Google Pixel 3 from Orange - which was the only carrier to sell this phone in France - I didn't have voLTE, how hilarious. They enabled it after almost a year after the phone came out. And again, it was the one and only carrier to sell the Pixel 3. Sometimes I don't understand what's happening in their mind. Hope this will get fixed quickly.