andrehewittalex
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 5 phone
Firmware Version: I005DA
Rooted or not: not tooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

k_huat
Rising Star II
Step1: go to "Settings" > "Battery" > "Battery Care"> "Select charging limit"> "Move bar to 100%" , and turn on "steady charging" n choose "ultra steady"
Step2:Plug in AC charger to charge battery to 100%
Step3:Normal use until capacity of battery decrease to 0%
Step4:Do Step 2 again to charge battery to 100 %

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

k_huat
Rising Star II
k_huat

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime after the only first time I saw it works at battery 9%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Is it normal for my rog 5 shutdown at battery level about just below 20%?

I saw my phone once works under 10% n it shows a red light notification when it reach 9%, after that I charge my phone everytime before it shutdown.

But recently my rog 5 shutdown at the middle I watch YouTube at battery level somewhere below 20% (everytime in last few days). I thought the battery might drained up coz by watching YouTube; but just now at the middle of replying zentalk my rog 5 shutdown again at battery level somewhere below 20% as well. Is this normal? It seems like I can only occupy the battery between 80-20% only? Thanks

My setting is dynamic n auto for refresh rate.

Ps: pls do not ask me to generate the log as I'm not well versed in tech stuff n I hv no time for it.

Phone shutdown @battery just below 20%
Try recalibrate your battery with above discussion as reference. May suggest you to set ultra steady for battery care when charging

andrehewittalex
Star II
Hi Thankyou for replying.
I'm not familiar with tech stuff. Can u please give me steps to calibrate battery and how to ser ultra steady for battery care.

k_huat
Rising Star II
Step1: go to "Settings" > "Battery" > "Battery Care"> "Select charging limit"> "Move bar to 100%" , and turn on "steady charging" n choose "ultra steady"
Step2:Plug in AC charger to charge battery to 100%
Step3:Normal use until capacity of battery decrease to 0%
Step4:Do Step 2 again to charge battery to 100 %

andrehewittalex
Star II
Ok Thankyou I will try this