This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenphone 6 wide angle camera not working

This morning I've noticed when I open the camera there is no toggle switch to choose the wide angle camera.
I've run a test through the calculator system tests and it's coming back as failed.
The phone doesn't seem to think it has a wide angle camera anymore. I've restarted the phone and I'm loathed to do a factory reset as I can't see how this would fix the issue.
Has anyone else had this issue or know how to get the phone to use the wire angle camera lens.
Cheers.
20 REPLIES 20

0TS7NHCE0NRN.jpg
Camera doesn't show toggle switch to change to wide angle lens. Pictures above are from the cameras API. Hope this helps.

Any response or acknowledgment of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Sorry for not clarifying. Camera2 api check is a kind of app on Play Store. Displays info about Camera hardware and supported features. I didn't need camera app package inspection 😛 That's really weird that app detects lack of camera and doesn't actually crash.

Do you need the screen shots from Camera2 API check? It seems to show the camera has been detected. But doesn't show.
Do you think a factory reset will in any way help?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Either a factory reset if you are on .193 or an update to the most recent firmware would be my suggestion. Are you on FOTA Version WW .193? A factory reset or update should wake your phone up from whatever kind of wide-angle nap it's taking.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/