System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Please advise what ram is suitable for my laptop as i eagerly want an upgrade as original ram is 4gb only....tested few ram but not compatible, in term of unable to be detected by bios or windows, but the ram can be detected by third party software such as cpu-z...currently running window 11 pro, cpu is i3-8130u..original ram that soldered together with motherboard is Micron ram as shown in the snapshot below.
img-20211204-005417.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

David_Ding
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS Please find attached snapshot of the CPU-Z when the 8Gb ram removed.
Below is the version of system i using now.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X411UA.310, 4/16/2019
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Falcon_ASUS
David Ding

img-20211119-wa0016.jpg

@Falcon_ASUS Please find attached snapshot of the CPU-Z when the 8Gb ram removed.

Below is the version of system i using now.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X411UA.310, 4/16/2019

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

View post
@David Ding
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

David_Ding
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS Noted with thanks. Just wonder why it is run in single channel instead of dual channel shown in CPU-Z. And bios page installed ram seems freeze at 4Gb.

Falcon_ASUS
David Ding

@Falcon_ASUS Noted with thanks. Just wonder why it is run in single channel instead of dual channel shown in CPU-Z. And bios page installed ram seems freeze at 4Gb.

View post
@David Ding
Regarding the phenomenon that the BIOS can only detect 4GB of memory.
In order to clarify whether it is a memory problem or an MB problem, we would like suggest you bring back your mobile to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.