Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Aisyahmj
Star II
From Brunei. Bought Rog phone 5s on 30th Oct because I love my ROG 2. After system update, wifi and hotspot cannot be turned on. From reading previous posts, seems this issue has not been resolved 😞

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Aisyahmj

From Brunei. Bought Rog phone 5s on 30th Oct because I love my ROG 2. After system update, wifi and hotspot cannot be turned on. From reading previous posts, seems this issue has not been resolved 😞

View post
The system update did not cause the Wi-Fi issue, its a manufacturing defect.
My phone was only 1 month old and the Wi-Fi stopped working.
I was using the stock firmware that came with the phone right out of the box and never updated the firmware in fear that my Wi-Fi would stop working after reading all the comments on the Forum and watching YouTube videos but the Wi-Fi still failed, which is proof that its a manufacturing defect and no firmware update will fix the Wi-Fi issue.
Your only option is replacing the motherboard.

Domingos
Star III
Hi guys.

I have the same problem. My rog5 is 1 month old and the wi-fi, bluetooth and Hotspot are stopped work... I getout my iPhone 10 to change a rog...

I say one thing, Asus never more !!

PS: Sorry my english... Im not american...

Aisyahmj
Star II
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198310#Comment_198310

The system update did not cause the Wi-Fi issue, its a manufacturing defect.

My phone was only 1 month old and the Wi-Fi stopped working.

I was using the stock firmware that came with the phone right out of the box and never updated the firmware in fear that my Wi-Fi would stop working after reading all the comments on the Forum and watching YouTube videos but the Wi-Fi still failed, which is proof that its a manufacturing defect and no firmware update will fix the Wi-Fi issue.

Your only option is replacing the motherboard.

View post
So we should get a refund instead of changing the motherboard because we were basically sold a defective product. From some of the previous posts, changing the motherboard doesn't even guarantee the problem to not occur again. I have been using quite a number of ASUS products, but this experience makes me question and not trust this brand anymore.

Aisyahmj
Star II
ASUS should take responsibility and recall these defective products.