Reset OS: NA
Screenshot or video: Screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
6 REPLIES 6

jsamanta91
Star II
asus-armoury-crate-snap.png
CPU temperature is between 45-50 and in silent mode but fan speeds are at 4700 RPM and not slowing down. This happens only when the laptop is put to sleep and woken up. Not seeing this issue while in restart or hibernation.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
I would say it is quite normal.
When the laptop is in sleep mode, most of the function are still working, so there will be heat generating.
The device would be even hotter if you close the lid.
So after waking up from sleep mode, the system temperature would be detected and the fan would spin up.
The RPM seems fine too. 4700 RPM is not that high.
Thank you.

jsamanta91
Star II
Hi Blake_ASUS,
Thanks for replying but this was not happening earlier also the fan keeps spinning at that speed even when the CPU utilization is not that much and it never slows down and keeps on spinning the entire time. I also checked task manager there are no heavy processes running and even the temperatures are not that high, somewhere between 40 to 45 degrees. So, I am sure there is some issue with either sleep mode or the fan driver but I am not sure what it is.
Best Regards,
Jaydeep

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jaydeep,
The system/device temperature sometime could be higher than you expected and it does not show in Armoury crate or Task manager. It is not just about CPU utilization.
If you do have concern, you can reinstall Armoury Crate, run the diagnostic tool to check the fan, and share more information.
Thank you.