cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Andris_
Star I
Does anyone had an issue with vibro ring? (HW is working as vibro reacting on touch, but absolutely no vibro for income calls (setting is done correctly (vibro + sound)?

Andris_
Star I
Another issue NFC seems has FW a bug. With all correct config not possible to do NFC payment (even seems MFC itself working, can read some basic NFC tags). Does someone has any experience / solution for that?

SakuraJen
Star I
If anyone having this issue after recent phone update? I can't play while charging now. It's just seems the games phone calibration not in order..

K_I_R_I_T_O
Star I
Today my asus rog 5 suddenly get off while watching lecture though my phone is 63% charge , since then phone is not even charging neither get restart...what to do?????

reaperdzong
Star I
hello there, i would like to ask some questions, i have 18.0840.2111.199 version, and i got new motherboard after wifi stopped working, they called me to pickup my phone after repair, fingerprint sensor and air triggers was not working, i told them then and there. so they call me 2 days afterwards, and said it was some issues (forgot), then afterwards it was working perfectly. Then i got back home and i have stumbled upon a form saying wifi slow in rog 5, then i tested it and i was shocked to see wifi is indeed slower ever so slightly but it is there, latency of the new motherboard is 5 to 10 ms slower. i was wondering, was it the new motherboard or the software ( i compared it with asus 6z/zenfone 6 my old phone ). then i opened ROG 5 support download section hoping to update latest firmware to fix my issue. so.. now.. i didn't find my firmware version 18.0840.2111.199 in support form🤔(confused) can't find it in Google 🧐(what). what version is installed on my phone that is missing in asus form 🥴(super confused) I am hesitant to upgrade it to 18.0840.2111.200 version, if it didn't work then my phone is bricked. is there any other way to fix my wifi issue.
screenshot-20211221-023450757.jpg

and another thing i wanted ask is.
screenshot-20211220-221058768.jpg

i have downloaded app called Device Info, as you can see there is 23 sensors, if you can see there is magnetometer, two of em, one is uncalibrated and 3 more sensors duplicates with uncalibrated status. 🤯(ultra confused)
hope you can give me some info🤕